PDA

View Full Version : Bought Ingiglo Emblems

most_hatedSi02
01-02-2003, 05:43 PM
I just bought some indiglo emblems from procarparts.com for my 89 Accord..well I noticed that the pattern doesn't match up with the ones on the car, so I didn't install them, I put on some flat surface white ones. Well now that I bought my 02 Si, I wouldn't mind installing them on there. What are the chance of them being able to fit on the stock grill. I'm not handy with cars, I'm more of a computer junkie. I really would hate to have someone drill holes in my hood just so I can use the freakin emblems...ya know. I guess I could buy some indiglo flat ones somewhere and put the ones I have on ebay. But then I'd look stupid with 2 H emblems on my car....what have I got myself into?!

Suk02Si
01-02-2003, 07:33 PM
http://www.the-iceman.at/smiles/averstimmt/pukeface.gif

civic hatch boi
01-03-2003, 02:31 AM
its all personal preference. cuz personally i think they're ugly as hell.. but if u like it.. u're gay

most_hatedSi02
01-04-2003, 08:31 AM
You're absolutely right it is all a matter of preference. I think the Powered By Honda decal is gay but I'm not gonna call you gay for having it on your gay car!
haha
Kidding man

Still no one answered my question.

modern-perf
01-04-2003, 02:46 PM
The front is bigger than previous models and the rear is smaller so, thankfully, your gay ass indiglo emblems won't fit.

But you could be even gayer and put them on anyway with lots of 2-sided tape!

SiRman
01-04-2003, 03:31 PM
If you put two H's on the front it will look pathetic. IMO

If you put a H on the front that does not fit correctly,
and use tape, glue, bailling wire, etc. It will also look pathetic.IMO

most_hatedSi02
01-04-2003, 08:53 PM
I know they wont fit in the grill, I've already looked. I'm thinking about on the hood above the grill once I get the grill from Grille-Tech....oh well Thanks for all your gay remarks!
Fag'on kids

SiRman
01-05-2003, 01:37 AM
I was not making "gay" remarks, just stating my opinion on your situation.

You said:

. But then I'd look stupid with 2 H emblems on my car

I took this to mean that you are thinking of putting two H emblems on the front of your car. If you do this then yeah my opinion is it will look like crap.

You mention nothing about getting a aftermarket grill and placing a emblem just on the hood in your original post.
If you do this you may have something original, that might look
good.

Although the way I stated my opinion may have been smart-ass,
it was in no way "gay"( although I was happy at the time :))

Sorry if I offended you in any way, and for this horrible run on post.

most_hatedSi02
01-05-2003, 12:08 PM
It's all good. I guess I should elaborate more. I'm really liking this forum. ClubSi.com sucks. Hardly any of them have the hatchbacks so I'm not learning anything. This is my first brand f'ing new car and I'm loving the hell out of it. Ok if Indiglow emblems are "lame"(new choice of words) what do you think of cobra lights...I think they're over done...especially on cars that are shitty!

SiRman
01-05-2003, 01:19 PM
I've neber heard of cobra lights,are they a company or style?
Got any pics?

william
01-05-2003, 03:06 PM
Dont put it on your hood! Take out the front "H" and put your indeglow emblem there. I dont care if it doesent fit, try taking off the platform that the stock H is on and then MAKE IT FIT, but dont be a tool and punch a hole in your hood, just for some emblem that you'll probably want to change in a month anyways. Good luck, post pics when your done.

most_hatedSi02
01-05-2003, 03:30 PM
Cobra lights are the LED windshied washer sprayer so when you're driving up the road there are lights coming off your hood. They're pretty cool but soo over used. I have a set, only b/c I want to keep with the Red/Black theme of my car. I just don't know how to install them so they're sitting in my hatch.

ep88
01-05-2003, 09:32 PM
cobra lights?no...no...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:confused:
:'(

william
01-05-2003, 09:46 PM
Just because it illuminates does not make it cool! Holy crap, why dont you just buy a neon liscence plate holder, under car neon, neon shift knob, and neon stereo surround. People are going to think the sun is rising at 10:00pm when your coming over a hill in the opposit direction.

Indiglo "H" emblem = OK

Almost all other neon and light up devices = NOOOOOOO!

SiRman
01-06-2003, 01:02 AM
I am not a fan of those windshield washer lights.

cryptic02si
01-06-2003, 03:39 AM
wow, i'm lol so hard my stomach hurts. before you touch anything on your car please read over this forum. when you're done you will have a diff. opinion of what cool is and maybe you could even get your hands dirty and do some of the work yourself. i mean it's an emblem for gods sake, not that hard to put on. but really, you did the right thing asking your questions, thats how you learn, and pretty soon you can be on here putting other people down.

ssvr6
01-06-2003, 05:25 AM
He may have different tastes, but please try not to flame him too hard.

most_hatedSi02 -- You'll find that most owners here like subtle modifications. There are a lot of JDM whores, Spoon fed babies, and Comptech sluts. ;)

All in all, low key seems to be the atmosphere that most here are in.

You're more than welcome to do anything to your car, again it's your car. But be prepared for some of the replies that it will generate.

Steve

2k2SiAutoXer
01-13-2003, 06:31 AM
all this neon crap just makes a clean looking car look cheap. Why on earth would you want to decorate your car so it looks like every other dx civic and dodge neon out there? Neon was made to force people to notice a cheap car. Not make a nice car look cheap. But its yer car, so have fun.

--Tom

mental
01-26-2003, 01:51 PM
GHEY!

SpeedRacer
01-26-2003, 03:23 PM
you dont deserve an Si if you put cobra lights on it and indiglow emblems. Please save yourself the embarasment and lower your car and do some real mods that will help your car drive better who gives a fuck about lights on your hood. i know i dont i care whats under your hood though.

SmoothOperator
01-26-2003, 04:38 PM
http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/7374/p/194059_2439497983357055102_vl.jpg

TrippZ
02-06-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by william
Just because it illuminates does not make it cool! Holy crap, why dont you just buy a neon liscence plate holder, under car neon, neon shift knob, and neon stereo surround. People are going to think the sun is rising at 10:00pm when your coming over a hill in the opposit direction.
\

lmaoooooo