PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of EBC brakes?

AKEP
10-26-2011, 02:09 AM
title: anyone have experience with them? pads/rotors?

02TWSI
10-26-2011, 02:41 AM
Seriously?

AKEP
10-26-2011, 03:03 AM
never see anyone bring them up. i see them on bike forums, but my bike shop people haven't reccomended them to me either.

so yeah. =]

Kristine Holmes
10-26-2011, 03:22 AM
roofing contractors birmingham alabama (http://www.maximusmetalroofing.com) “Your home is one of your biggest investments and your roof protects that investment. Trust Maximus for The Finest Quality Materials in Metal Roofing Systems today. A Maximus Metal Roofing System, Provides you with the Finest Protection for your home with Our Leading Metal Roofing Manufacturers, Gerard, Central States Mfg. and Metal Works. Their Roofing Materials provide maximum Protection from Hurricane, Tornado, Straight Line Winds, Hail, and Fire.

AKEP
10-26-2011, 03:37 AM
Kristine, by the title of this thread, you can tell I am not interested in buying any kind of roofing products or roofing accessories. Please abstain from further posting in my brake related thread in this automotive forum dedicated to the EP3 Honda Civic chassis and related products and accessories.

Yours truley.

Popeye
10-26-2011, 06:51 AM
Yup, Ive heard of them. Used to have them in my Accord. Good stuff. I think they try a little too hard with funky shit with their rotors. The quality is good though.

RHCP0801
10-26-2011, 07:55 AM
are you sure you would rather get brake pads instead of roofing products? :tehehyper:

I have heard good and bad things, just like any other brake pad. I always stick with OEM pads and have never had a problem with any of them

j0000stin
10-26-2011, 09:25 AM
dear kristine,

please post nudies or gtfo!

btw i like how you posted your address for your location haha

02TWSI
10-26-2011, 10:56 AM
are you sure you would rather get brake pads instead of roofing products? :tehehyper:

I have heard good and bad things, just like any other brake pad. I always stick with OEM pads and have never had a problem with any of them

You will never ever go back to oem pads once you give hawk HPS a try.

RHCP0801
10-26-2011, 10:59 AM
I had hawk hps and they sucked, so much dust and they squealed....never again

02TWSI
10-26-2011, 11:03 AM
Must have been a bad install, I never had a problem with my HPS and powerslot rotors, they easily one upped the stock pads in every way.

You wanna talk about brake dust, try owning a car that makes the wheels black after a long day of driving lol....fucking dust and squeal galore on these evos

RHCP0801
10-26-2011, 11:12 AM
it wasn't a bad install, kind of hard to mess up a brake pad install and a bad pad install would not cause more brake dust. They didn't squeal right away, after a few thousand miles they did but the brake dust was just insane. I had them on my car like 6 years ago so maybe they have changed but I'm not taking the risk again, OEM all the way

frm_808
10-26-2011, 12:47 PM
it wasn't a bad install, kind of hard to mess up a brake pad install and a bad pad install would not cause more brake dust. They didn't squeal right away, after a few thousand miles they did but the brake dust was just insane. I had them on my car like 6 years ago so maybe they have changed but I'm not taking the risk again, OEM all the way

im guessing you just DD the car, other wise I'd say hows the brake fade...lol

Jukka
10-26-2011, 02:04 PM
I ran EBC rotors in my car since day one..until recently. Great rotors, good qaulity, decent price. The cadnium plating was nice because they never ever rusted. Only thing I had an issue with was their cross drilled and slotted rotors were actually cross dimpled and slotted. They weren't fully drilled through, and the air would get trapped between the dimples and the pads and make a sound similar to a rattle snake. You couldn't hear it while your driving, but if you ever had your window down driving beside a curb, you could hear it. As for thier pads, they are pretty good. A bunch of my buddies in the UK run them on their Celicas and love them.

As for Hawks, I ran a set of HPS on my car when i first bought it, 3 days and I took em off because they were making so much dust. My matte black grids were like poo-brown from the dust. Since then I have been running KVR carboncermaic pads. No noise, last long, and no dust.

02TWSI
10-26-2011, 02:05 PM
EBC green stuff is nice

AKEP
10-26-2011, 03:06 PM
anyone had the yellow stuff?

i was reading their website, they admitted to the slotted and dimpled (maybe they even corrected the drilled statement too) being noisy and not to run them if you need a car to operate quietly. the have the USR line thats slotted but not as noisy. im thinking about picking them up (11.8" rotors) when the time comes with some yellow stuff, rsx sized calipers, and steel braided lines and prop valve. im already running motul 600 brake fluid. my bike has spoiled me, i hate car brakes ever since i get braided lines and fluid changed.

Popeye
10-26-2011, 03:28 PM
I always ran the Red Stuff. Liked 'em a lot.

maestro
10-26-2011, 04:46 PM
I have the EBC slotted rotors and Hawk HPS pads. Running great so far. Initial bite is strong and that coating to prevent rust is what sold me!

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/4324/img0187aj.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/690/img0187aj.jpg/)

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?55273-S2000-calipers-upgrade-complete!

jimmyjames
10-26-2011, 07:25 PM
In addition to the EP, I have an '03 CL Type S. I upgraded the brakes with legend dual piston calipers, Rotora slotted front rotors and EBC Ultimax slotted rear rotors. No one else made slotted rear rotors for the CL except EBC so I had few choices and they were also nicely priced. They have performed very well; have held up better than the Rotoras. I have no complaints and would buy them again.
http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com/img/group/main/32/3223_1_md.jpg

AKEP
10-28-2011, 11:08 PM
thanks everyone

Civic5lug
10-29-2011, 07:36 AM
Seriously?
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/lolol.gif

Blue03Si
11-03-2011, 08:28 PM
Love my yellow stuff pads. Great for auto-x and DD. I've had HPS as well as HP+ in the past and I prefer the Yellowstuff. Less dust, no squeal (if you have squeal then you didn't use shims or you didn't grease the shims).