PDA

View Full Version : Koni yellow leaking ....

eternal780
10-26-2011, 07:28 PM
I probablyy know the answer that my shocks are blown. I tried to adjust it and notice there was fluids coming out from the top. Is there anything I can do or are my shocks gone? Also how the heck do you get the shocks at the same level there are no numbers just a direction arrow.any help would be great.

NyCSnEaK
10-29-2011, 03:06 PM
Shocks are gone bro. Best thing to do is contact Koni and get a warranty claim.

eternal780
10-31-2011, 04:15 PM
Shocks are gone bro. Best thing to do is contact Koni and get a warranty claim.

yea i figured, thanks . there goes more money .

NyCSnEaK
10-31-2011, 08:43 PM
You will almost certainly get it replaced, but you'll need to cough up $130 till they inspect the shock. Hopefully you did the install yourself and minimize expenses. I adjusted mine by turning it to full soft and then turning the adjustment knob in 90 degree rotations. I have mine set at 180 degrees from soft on the front & 270 on the rears. I had a warranty replacement done just 500 miles ago. The initial strut lasted only 3000 miles. I feel you're pain and inconvenience.

eternal780
11-01-2011, 08:47 AM
You will almost certainly get it replaced, but you'll need to cough up $130 till they inspect the shock. Hopefully you did the install yourself and minimize expenses. I adjusted mine by turning it to full soft and then turning the adjustment knob in 90 degree rotations. I have mine set at 180 degrees from soft on the front & 270 on the rears. I had a warranty replacement done just 500 miles ago. The initial strut lasted only 3000 miles. I feel you're pain and inconvenience.

Do you know if i can get the warranty if i bought the car with the struts?Yea i was buying this car to DD to work and have a slightly newer car and now this comes up and its gonna cost about 600 just for new struts .... grrrrr

NyCSnEaK
11-05-2011, 04:35 PM
Darn, I thought you purchased the Koni's yourself. Koni's warranty department will require a copy of the purchase order receipt and vehicle registration to obtain an RGA number. I am not sure if the warranty is transferable. You may need to contact Koni to check. Ask for Paul Mclaughlin. If you end up having to buy new dampers , then tokico blues are a cost effective option.