PDA

View Full Version : Ep3 owner by default and loving it!

Bangerangkid
10-26-2011, 08:28 PM
Hello everyone, first off joined this forum cause from reading posts looking for info, everyone seems to be pretty cool (hope I'm right). Like many of you (I assume), I've been around and exposed to cars at an early age. Mostly owned and worked on Japanese cars but have a liking to european and domestic cars as well. Grew up around alot of 70s and 80s Japanese cars, as well as Iroc z and Foxbodies. I witnessed as young guys were cutting/heating springs and making their own I/h/e, because of the lack of after market support. Anyways, to explain the title, like 5 months ago I got my hands on a 1995 Acura Integra gsr, clean tittle, second owner, low miles and clean as hell. Three weeks later theives got me. Two months later found me a good deal on a silver ep3. Got this car with a bad clutch (which is why I got a good deal). Fixed it spending no more than $200 and I am ready to improve on this car hopefully with some help from y'all.

Pandamanda22
10-26-2011, 08:35 PM
Welcome! I think everyone here is pretty nice and really helpful.

Ba82Ep3
10-26-2011, 08:36 PM
Welcome! I wouldn't talk about cutting springs like we did in the old days. I got called a ricer for that mess. Haha!

Grats on the new ownership... and take the time to hang out and read read read! Tons of info here...

- Dave

junevtec
10-26-2011, 08:44 PM
Hello everyone, first off joined this forum cause from reading posts looking for info, everyone seems to be pretty cool (hope I'm right). Like many of you (I assume), I've been around and exposed to cars at an early age. Mostly owned and worked on Japanese cars but have a liking to european and domestic cars as well. Grew up around alot of 70s and 80s Japanese cars, as well as Iroc z and Foxbodies. I witnessed as young guys were cutting/heating springs and making their own I/h/e, because of the lack of after market support. Anyways, to explain the title, like 5 months ago I got my hands on a 1995 Acura Integra gsr, clean tittle, second owner, low miles and clean as hell. Three weeks later theives got me. Two months later found me a good deal on a silver ep3. Got this car with a bad clutch (which is why I got a good deal). Fixed it spending no more than $200 and I am ready to improve on this car hopefully with some help from y'all.fucking thieves man im scared for mines every nite good thing my sis lives with me and sleeps like 10ft away from it

nmysiismyn
10-26-2011, 08:47 PM
fucking thieves man im scared for mines every nite good thing my sis lives with me and sleeps like 10ft away from it

Welcome to EPCrack! :wavey:
Congrats on the new egg! :thumbu:

Bangerangkid
10-26-2011, 08:47 PM
Thanks guys, I'm already taking advantage of the info available. Agreed on that hole cutting springs thing, no need for that anymore, jees now that I think about it, that was way before I was old enough to drive and I'm 28 yrs old.

Bangerangkid
10-26-2011, 08:51 PM
I'm definatly investing in a killswitch and possibly lo jack this time.

Ba82Ep3
10-26-2011, 08:52 PM
Thanks guys, I'm already taking advantage of the info available. Agreed on that hole cutting springs thing, no need for that anymore, jees now that I think about it, that was way before I was old enough to drive and I'm 28 yrs old.

I got a few more years on ya bud. LOL

Bangerangkid
10-26-2011, 09:00 PM
I got a few more years on ya bud. LOL
Yeah it was guys your age I was learning from and looked up to. I was that punk kid that was always trying to hang out asking questions.

hyu
10-26-2011, 09:24 PM
fucking thieves man im scared for mines every nite good thing my sis lives with me and sleeps like 10ft away from it

Unless yours is heavily modded I wouldn't worry about it. Immobilizer in the ecu plus a mediocre engine = not worth the trouble. I see our engines go on craigslist for about 400-800ish. Why would they bother when they could get a em1 with no immobilizer and engine is worth easily twice as much? The only reason mines sleeps inside is cause my ex vandalized my old car before and cause I have a very popular size rim +offset for the local honda guys.

Plus I doubt they'd go thru the trouble towing our cars for simple bolt-ons

http://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/260969-em2-ep3-theft-proof.html

boricua4life
10-27-2011, 08:21 PM
welcome! let me know whenever you come to the atlanta area and we can meet up and kick it:mbiggrin::mcool:

DRP967
10-27-2011, 10:37 PM
Welcome, being a former Integra owner myself I can tell you/you will have peace of mind with the EP3. I remember being followed home with my Teg, couldnt even park it at the mall/movies without worrying. The hatch can get stolen as with any car, but its highly unlikely. Its just not a theft magnet like the DC2/EM1/EG/EK/etc aka the "Honda-Tech" cars due to the above reasons ie. immobilizer/powerplant/lack of fan base. There isnt a huge market for EP3 parts. Ive had stuff jacked from my car from the petty (emblems/antenna) to the more serious (sideskirts, front lip) but for the most part I am nowhere near as paranoid than if I was in a more popular Honda chassis. Good luck and my advice is to read the stickies and research before you buy anything so no regrets. Also if you want something legit, dont settle for anything less. Keep saving that scrilla so you can have the real deal the first time around ie. wheels/body parts/etc.

*Another tip is decide first and foremost what you plan to do/achieve with the car. Common sense I know but it can save you lots of money in the long run.