PDA

View Full Version : Mounts for your Si

Skidtron89
01-02-2003, 07:24 PM
I was just looking around on the Hasport site and found these. I think they would improve on you cars quite a bit since the engine mounts are so soft stock.

http://www.hasport.com/Products/Mount%20Kits/Mount%20EPSTK.htm

02blksi
01-03-2003, 09:39 AM
intresting. -Joe.

modern-perf
01-03-2003, 03:26 PM
Nice looking pieces too...all pretty and billet and shit. Too bad they aren't available yet and don't have prices.

bioevolve
01-03-2003, 05:12 PM
I'm guessing it will be around $499-$699 for the set.

myeverlovinsir
01-03-2003, 05:30 PM
I want to know more specific things, like how much different is the spring rate in those rubbers? Are they really better or do they just look good? I know when we hit the rev limiter in our cars that the engine moves about 6-8 inches. This is the only real comparison I have to full load and backlash. The engine remaining more perp. during load is the only adv. How much power are we talking about? None. Just better wheel response. hth

Skidtron89
01-03-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by myeverlovinsir
I want to know more specific things, like how much different is the spring rate in those rubbers? Are they really better or do they just look good? I know when we hit the rev limiter in our cars that the engine moves about 6-8 inches. This is the only real comparison I have to full load and backlash. The engine remaining more perp. during load is the only adv. How much power are we talking about? None. Just better wheel response. hth

Actually polyurethane is measured in durometer not spring rate and I'm sure they are quite stiff since Hasports other ones are very stiff. Also it eliminates that really weak ass one on the passenger side top that has a very small attachment pooint from the looks of it. Also to give you an idea when I put in my motor mount inserts not even full fledged poly mounts there was a huge difference in driving the car. It did everything better. Manufactured mounts would theoretically be even better than mine with the inserts and mine are only the front and rear ones on my car since they are the torque mounts. You car would have more torque put to the ground than stock and it is very noticable. I think one of you guys needs to hurry up and buy them so you can tell other people about them cause they always make a huge difference in the car overall. I don't work for Hasport if your wondering!

myeverlovinsir
01-03-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Skidtron89

Actually polyurethane is measured in durometer not spring rate and I'm sure they are quite stiff since Hasports other ones are very stiff. Also it eliminates that really weak ass one on the passenger side top that has a very small attachment pooint from the looks of it. Also to give you an idea when I put in my motor mount inserts not even full fledged poly mounts there was a huge difference in driving the car. It did everything better. Manufactured mounts would theoretically be even better than mine with the inserts and mine are only the front and rear ones on my car since they are the torque mounts. You car would have more torque put to the ground than stock and it is very noticable. I think one of you guys needs to hurry up and buy them so you can tell other people about them cause they always make a huge difference in the car overall. I don't work for Hasport if your wondering!

You are right about Durometer. definied as a hardness tester used mainly for platics which measures the elastic deformation of the surface of the material as an indication of "hardness". There are two types of scaled "Shore" durometeres, type A and type D.
Type A measures loading between 56 to 822g, while the type D durometer places loads from 0 to 10 lb on the indenter. Both produce readings from 0 to 100. Either scale A or D must be used.
Both A and B scales refer to "Shore" durometers. There is a 2nd type of handheld fequently used durometer called a Barcol impresser that also produces a reading between 0 to 100.

Spring rate is measuring response over time due to hardness. Spring rate is based on the durometer ratings for stock vs. Hasport. Stiffer is better for sure. tks;)