PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust setup help

ryboto
10-28-2011, 06:57 PM
So, just planning things out for my eventual K24A2 swap...A year ago I laid out these plans for an exhaust-
all 2.5''
OBX race header
Vibrant Metal Core Cat
Vibrant 18'' billet resonator
Twin Loop muffler
custom piping

So, obviously this would have to be a custom job, given the length of the OBX header. Is this a good setup, assuming I can get some custom piping done relatively cheaply?

Any suggestions on the header? Any suggestions on a better alternative?

Last question, I know it's silly...but I'd love for the muffler to look stock, would having the single pipe of a twin loop replaced for a twin tip cause any unwanted issues?

gamma6
10-28-2011, 07:04 PM
Or better yet just paint the twinloop black and leave the tip chrome, thats what i did and it looks slightly stock, the tip isnt that big

ryboto
10-31-2011, 04:47 AM
any other opinions?

ryboto
11-03-2011, 10:43 AM
I assume from the lack of replies that this setup isn't awful? is there a better header? or is this a good one for the price? Should I go short header?

bearcat91
11-03-2011, 11:53 AM
I think it sounds like a nice set up! I had a weld shop bend my piping and it was a decent price. also with it being custom bent i dont have a low hanging mid pipe like some people

Blah1219
11-03-2011, 01:48 PM
The only thing I would change would be the header. Since you are going with a custom mid pipe, it would be the kidd racing header. It's a tad bit longer since it's rsx-s spec. It's only around 400 shipped. We have a vendor on here "Witz" that sells them. I've seen great numbers with them.

whatsvtec
11-03-2011, 03:03 PM
OBX if you're on a budget, it SOUNDS great.

But deff go Kiddracing if you've got the funds, bigger piping, better design, better numbers.

Your plans sound good though, should be moderately quiet with a nice tone to it.

ryboto
11-03-2011, 04:05 PM
OBX if you're on a budget, it SOUNDS great.

But deff go Kiddracing if you've got the funds, bigger piping, better design, better numbers.

Your plans sound good though, should be moderately quiet with a nice tone to it.

which is exactly what I was shooting for. If by the time I get around to it I can spare an extra $200 I'll definitely go for the Kiddracing header. Thanks!

mitchlikesbikes
11-03-2011, 04:12 PM
not really trying to thread jack, but aren't obx v3 and krrh both jackson racing replicas? or am i totally wrong haha

Blah1219
11-03-2011, 04:49 PM
KRRH looks alittle different than the JRRH. KRRH has larger piping than the obx for sure. I think KRRH is the best bang for the buck! Then you have the buddy club, toda, spoon, and mugen. I think KRRH is kinda of a steal.

CJ89
11-06-2011, 12:07 AM
Dont keep anything from the stock exhaust. Its extremely restrictive!! I am bone stock other than suspension and straight pipe.
Here is me running a buddy in his BONE STOCK ep3 There is a huge difference.. see for yourself
http://www.youtube.com/user/xMrPopeyex?feature=mhsn#p/a/u/1/rnLONvpH2gs
http://www.youtube.com/user/xMrPopeyex?feature=mhsn#p/a/u/0/VVDkk25H5N8
This is a link to the thread that will probably answer most your questions about both cars
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?66675-Difference-between-brands-of-adjustable-struts/page2

BeaterEP
11-06-2011, 07:46 AM
...except the stock muffler. That's actually been proven to be good up through about 250hp.

/themoreyouknow :mwink:

CJ89
11-06-2011, 07:05 PM
...except the stock muffler. That's actually been proven to be good up through about 250hp.

/themoreyouknow :mwink:
........Good maybe but still not that great

BeaterEP
11-06-2011, 07:29 PM
Sure.
But it's a quieter alternative, and if someone is looking for a little less rasp, not a bad thing to consider.
Further, getting even a K24A2 over the 250 mark is going to take some pretty serious work.

Also, I think straight pipe sounds horrible :mtongue: