PDA

View Full Version : The Dealership and Your EP3

G-MaC!
10-29-2011, 11:22 AM
How useless is your Honda dealership when taking in your ep? Pretty sure mine didn't even know what kind of car mine was. I have steering rack issues because Honda shit the bed on this car, and they told me it is because of my rear D2 lower control arms. HAHAHA. I am ready to give up on this garbage and buy an Impreza.

BeaterEP
10-29-2011, 12:44 PM
Yeah, the dealerships are getting worse and worse and worse as far as service goes.
If it's anything more complicated than an oil change, seems like they don't know what the fuck they're talking about these days.

For instance, there's a small in-line filter for the ATF on my wife's `03 Element. It's right there, tucked up at the bottom of the radiator. When you pull it, ATF leaks out.

The service techs don't have a fucking clue it exists at the local dealership. It's...pathetic. You tell them you want a full flush of the ATF and to have the in-line filter changed, and they give you something like
"Um, the only filter for the transmission on that model is inside the transmission, and we only change that if we're doing a rebuild" in this snotty know-it-all voice that makes me want to start handing out throat punches to anyone in a Honda-branded polo shirt.

Seriously man, fuck the dealership, service that car yourself and drive it for 220k miles like I have! :thumbu:
DIY Steering Rack Lube/Maintenance (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?54406-How-to-fix-creaky-squeaky-steering-rack!&highlight=steering+rack)
Couple different methods for greasing the steering rack and getting rid of the creaking. Some random posts about clutch pedal squeak, but page 2 has the best method; clip the ties on the steering boots, get in there and grease the bejeezus out of the whole assembly, then re-seat the boots using hose clamps or big ass zip ties. Done!

sippyyy
10-29-2011, 12:47 PM
seriously man, fuck the dealership, service that car yourself and drive it for 220k miles like i have! :thumbu:
diy steering rack lube/maintenance (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?54406-how-to-fix-creaky-squeaky-steering-rack!&highlight=steering+rack)
couple different methods for greasing the steering rack and getting rid of the creaking. Some random posts about clutch pedal squeak, but page 2 has the best method; clip the ties on the steering boots, get in there and grease the bejeezus out of the whole assembly, then re-seat the boots using hose clamps or big ass zip ties. Done!

^ftw

BeaterEP
10-29-2011, 12:48 PM
You know it! :mcool:

thaseint
10-29-2011, 12:50 PM
I've had work done on a couple of occasions with my local Honda dealer due to a accident and theft. In each case they messed up with ordering parts. This generally has delayed the repairs by about a week.

1) They needed to replace my rear bumper. They ended up ordering a regular Civic bumper instead of an EP3 bumper. They did the same thing with the molding for the quarter panel window. What's interesting is that they got the quarter panel right when they ordered it...

2) They had to replace my steering column. Ended up ordering a regular Civic column instead.

I asked about it and they said the usually go with the cheapest part for insurance reasons. EP3 parts are a bit "rarer" and thus generally more expensive. I personally think they were just careless when ordering the parts and ordered parts for a "two-door Honda Civic". But who knows...

BeaterEP
10-29-2011, 01:00 PM
I've had work done on a couple of occasions with my local Honda dealer due to a accident and theft. In each case they messed up with ordering parts. This generally has delayed the repairs by about a week.

1) They needed to replace my rear bumper. They ended up ordering a regular Civic bumper instead of an EP3 bumper. They did the same thing with the molding for the quarter panel window. What's interesting is that they got the quarter panel right when they ordered it...

2) They had to replace my steering column. Ended up ordering a regular Civic column instead.

I asked about it and they said the usually go with the cheapest part for insurance reasons. EP3 parts are a bit "rarer" and thus generally more expensive. I personally think they were just careless when ordering the parts and ordered parts for a "two-door Honda Civic". But who knows...

In other words; fawking todded.

G-MaC!
10-29-2011, 01:49 PM
Yeah, the dealerships are getting worse and worse and worse as far as service goes.
If it's anything more complicated than an oil change, seems like they don't know what the fuck they're talking about these days.

For instance, there's a small in-line filter for the ATF on my wife's `03 Element. It's right there, tucked up at the bottom of the radiator. When you pull it, ATF leaks out.

The service techs don't have a fucking clue it exists at the local dealership. It's...pathetic. You tell them you want a full flush of the ATF and to have the in-line filter changed, and they give you something like
"Um, the only filter for the transmission on that model is inside the transmission, and we only change that if we're doing a rebuild" in this snotty know-it-all voice that makes me want to start handing out throat punches to anyone in a Honda-branded polo shirt.

Seriously man, fuck the dealership, service that car yourself and drive it for 220k miles like I have! :thumbu:
DIY Steering Rack Lube/Maintenance (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?54406-How-to-fix-creaky-squeaky-steering-rack!&highlight=steering+rack)
Couple different methods for greasing the steering rack and getting rid of the creaking. Some random posts about clutch pedal squeak, but page 2 has the best method; clip the ties on the steering boots, get in there and grease the bejeezus out of the whole assembly, then re-seat the boots using hose clamps or big ass zip ties. Done!

That is ridiculous. Funny story, my next door neighbour is part owner of the Honda dealership. Every time I see him I just shake my head, and I will never again shovel the snow to your side of the sidewalk bitch! Thanks for the link, I am sure I will be all up in that LOL

BeaterEP
10-29-2011, 02:18 PM
Give him a throat punch for me!:mwink:

rallyp3
10-29-2011, 03:56 PM
Ive had the service manager tell me dead straight while my hood was popped that I didn't have a dual cam motor and that it was a 1.7.
Nevermind the DOHC iVTEC decals or the "K20A3" on the block a foot away from him, or the dual valvetrain.

sippyyy
10-29-2011, 03:58 PM
Ive had the service manager tell me dead straight while my hood was popped that I didn't have a dual cam motor and that it was a 1.7.
Nevermind the DOHC iVTEC decals or the "K20A3" on the block a foot away from him, or the dual valvetrain.

unreal.

junevtec
10-29-2011, 04:00 PM
Now im scared to take my car to the dealer to get my timing chain guides and tensioner put in

G-MaC!
10-29-2011, 04:58 PM
Now im scared to take my car to the dealer to get my timing chain guides and tensioner put in

Seriously, do it yourself.

VividSI
10-29-2011, 05:03 PM
It just depends on who owns the dealership and what kind of trash they decide to employ, mcdavid Honda seems to hire kids that like to taunt their customers with saying, "you know you dont have real vtec right?" john eagle Honda compliments me by saying "nice EP" and "thanks for stoping by today and we are going to resolve this for you" so I give my business to them.

EP3Casas
10-29-2011, 05:09 PM
i Sold my k-pro and when i went into to get my key sync'd the service tech couldn't figure it out after 30 minutes. He came in and told me he had tried everything. Then i asked if he could keep trying. He replied in a know it all attitude "No it's not going to work. I have lunch now." I paid $60 to have that dildo do nothing. I had to call the purchaser of my k-pro back to the dealership so i could swap comps back out and go home 30 minutes away.

2 weeks later Kentonese boy's friend did it for free in 15 minutes. The dealership got 3 phone calls about how retarded their tech was and how i want my money back. I got a voucher for an oil change. C**suckers.

urthworm
10-29-2011, 05:09 PM
The dealership in my town isnt bad at all. 75% of the techs drive and race hondas, but the parts dep guys arent to bright. They swore up and down my car didnt have a k20.. that only rsx's did.

junevtec
10-29-2011, 05:37 PM
if only i had the tools and garage to do it i would of in a heart beat.
Seriously, do it yourself.

DRP967
10-29-2011, 05:39 PM
I never have maintenance done at the dealership so I wouldnt know.

Some times when I am in the parts department placing an order/pick for the EP3 they say "Oh thats the hatchback with the weird shifter location right?" I reply yes. Thats about it.

junevtec
10-29-2011, 05:45 PM
i get that alot around my neighborhood lol.
I never have maintenance done at the dealership so I wouldnt know.

Some times when I am in the parts department placing an order/pick for the EP3 they say "Oh thats the hatchback with the weird shifter location right?" I reply yes. Thats about it.

iamBT
10-30-2011, 09:59 PM
i have some issues with my local stealership sometimes. they can never order the RIGHT part in for my ep3 :P
i order in ep3 mudflaps, they send in the 2002 2dr coupe mudflaps, so i didnt even take them home.
i ordered carpet floormats for a 2002 2door ep3 hatchback, they sent me the 2006 2/4door carpets. luckily the fronts fit so i kept them, back doesnt fit so i don't know what to do with that one yet.

DRP967
10-31-2011, 08:55 PM
i have some issues with my local stealership sometimes. they can never order the RIGHT part in for my ep3 :P
i order in ep3 mudflaps, they send in the 2002 2dr coupe mudflaps, so i didnt even take them home.
i ordered carpet floormats for a 2002 2door ep3 hatchback, they sent me the 2006 2/4door carpets. luckily the fronts fit so i kept them, back doesnt fit so i don't know what to do with that one yet.

That has happened to my friend once.

Just be uber specific with them and say I need _____________ for the 2002-2005 Honda Civic Si 3 door hatchback aka the minivan body aka the sheep aka the one made in Britain aka the rarest Civic of all time. They should get it by then, if they dont then tote the chrome to their dome. Okay dont do that.

hyu
10-31-2011, 10:38 PM
When I had my s'c EP I couldn't do oil changes and reg maintenance on my car cause of HOA and condo gay rules. Had to go to Coggin Honda. I would hear my supercharge whine and tire spin near the bays. I was like wtf really? After that I just work around my friend's schedule and do all my shit there.

Also some fuckhead wanted to charge me $60 dollars to give me my radio code. He said he'd have to pull it out or check my vin something stupid. So as he is talking to me I yanked that bitch out and told him to give me my code before I call Honda directly telling him he is trying to scam me out of a FREE service

BeaterEP
11-01-2011, 06:01 AM
There's one guy in particular at my local place, one of the senior service reps (not even a tech!) that I've personally called out on a number of occasions.
I'll pop in every now and then just for some quick advice, or to bounce an idea off somebody. That guy won't even talk to me anymore LOL. Asshat. :mbiggrin:

gtolio
11-01-2011, 07:50 AM
This all depends on the specific dealership. Some are scammers, some are good guys who will go out of their way to help you. Like most industries, you can't say that all of them are good or all of them are bad.