PDA

View Full Version : Sidewall specific tires

sippyyy
10-30-2011, 10:31 AM
I'm running Falken ZIEX ZE-912s (205/40R16) with a pretty decent camber so my inside rubber is wearing a lot faster than the outside which looks brand new. The tires aren't directional however they are sidewall specific as one sidewall says inside and one says outside. My question is, is it safe/unsafe/not recommended to flip the tires on the wheels to use the good rubber. Thanks!

whatsvtec
10-30-2011, 10:32 AM
Doesn't sound like you should do that

AKEP
10-30-2011, 12:11 PM
i've done it for a friend. drives fine. as far as i know its like that for water evacuation... its probably an asymetric tread pattern, so the "inside" tread is meant to have more grip.

you'll probably need a friend at a shop to do that if you wanted to, no reputable tire shop will let you out the door like that.

sippyyy
10-30-2011, 12:20 PM
i've done it for a friend. drives fine. as far as i know its like that for water evacuation... its probably an asymetric tread pattern, so the "inside" tread is meant to have more grip.

you'll probably need a friend at a shop to do that if you wanted to, no reputable tire shop will let you out the door like that.

thats exactly what I was told from a buddy who used to work at a tire shop, mostly for water channeling.

whatsvtec
10-30-2011, 12:32 PM
Drive careful :mcool:

gamma6
10-30-2011, 12:35 PM
Same wheels same issue with wear, the tire shop i went to when i rocked those wouldnt do it :( in need of new tires and was gonna go with these BUT prob not anymore cuz of this i totally forgot about it....

AKEP
10-30-2011, 12:42 PM
i'll do them for you at Midnight if you really need it ben.

gamma6
10-30-2011, 01:13 PM
This is a serious issue for us with crazy camber cuz being able to "flip" the tires really helps make the tires last...

Tony- on this set of tires im too late, i got lumps in one tire, and like the op, my outside of the tire is untouched with plenty of meat left lol