PDA

View Full Version : Steering Wheel Options

theMan_ny
11-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Like many of you know, after a while, our steering wheels start falling apart. I've looked into finding a new steering wheel replacement but they're all a little bit over my price range and I don't want an aftermarket wheel since I want my air bag. I found this steering wheel cover and was wondering if anyone has ever bought one? Here's the link.
http://www.racinglab.com/wheelskins-cover-original-honda-009.html

Pandamanda22
11-01-2011, 06:58 PM
damn that looks like a pretty good idea. is anybody using one of these? i would get one

EggShellSi
11-02-2011, 12:18 PM
I was gonna get this, but ended up buying a used RSX wheel online for 80 bucks shipped instead. Looks good, and you get to keep your airbag too.

Blah1219
11-02-2011, 04:13 PM
As long as you wear your seatbelt, you don't need the airbag. I've actaully seen people get broken noses and wrists due to the deployed airbag. You can buy the steering wheel seperate and reuse your airbag.

theMan_ny
11-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Yeah you're right. I've looked into just buying the grip and reusing my airbag. I guess I'll just keep on looking until I found the best option. Thanks guys.

BeaterEP
11-02-2011, 08:29 PM
I don't know about their wheel covers, but I've actually got a nice pair of leather driving gloves made by the same company.
Quality product.

Reaper27
11-03-2011, 10:30 AM
Are there any aftermarket companies that make a steering wheel that will let you keep the airbag and not throw a SRS light? J's racing makes an awesome steering wheel for the 06+ SIs but not ours :-/ I would be interested in buy something like that

PatrickJamesYu
11-03-2011, 01:18 PM
Not that I know of

I believe you can use
s2k, any civic from 96 and up, RSX, and Prelude steering wheels.
Being in Cali, you will have an easier time finding one than a person outside of the state.

Oh and far as aftermarket and srs, I believe the Worksbell hub keeps the srs sensor unit there, so the light doesn't come on.
But the air bag will be gone due the the steering wheel itself.