PDA

View Full Version : FAQ's about the Original X-Brace

Dr. Design
01-02-2003, 08:51 PM
Hello All,
We just wanted to answer some of the questions publicly that have been asked.

Q: What does the D3 X-brace do?
A: Let's have a owner, who track tested the XCB-C answer this. "I immediately noticed increased turn-in grip, I suspect from a stiffer sub frame with D3's X-brace helping to keep the inside wheel planted on the road. The rear strut tower bar helps keep the rear end more controlled pulling out of hard cornering under power. Giving the entire a chassis brace kit some hard laps around the Willow Springs road course proved that the kit helps keep the car well balanced at high speed. When pushing to the limits through turns, the car is easy to control and easy to bring back when pushed just beyond the envelope. I recommend the kit to those looking for high performance handling improvements on the street or track."

Q: Does your warranty cover track use or racing?
A: Of course, all of our Chassis Stiffening Kits come with a lifetime warranty. We figure if you are not using it for racing and track use then you are not using it right! If there any of our components ever break we will replace it free of charge. (No loopholes)

Q: How does the D3 XCB-C compare to other X-Braces on the market?
A: Out of the X-Braces that are on the market now, the D3 XCB-C is the ONLY one to offer it in stainless steel (meaning you do not have to worry about it rusting). Our components do not interfere with any drain plugs or filters underneath the car. The XCB-C is designed specifically for the RSX with ground clearance and performance kept in mind. All mounting locations are thoroughly throughout for maximum performance. Our performance guarantee and lifetime warranty cannot be matched by any other X-brace manufacture. The D3 XCB-C is designed with racing in mind, not as dress up for your car. We instill competition into all our chassis braces.

Q: Why do you use stainless steel?
A: The answer is in the applications function. Since most of our components are made for the underside of the car we understand the need for a strong material that will not rust, crack, or deteriorate over time. The other reason is that 304 stainless steel is stronger then some of the material that is currently being used for other X-braces. Plus stainless steel is more aesthetically pleasing.

Q: What if you come out with something better after I purchase your product now?
A: We will exchange the old product for the new product free of charge. We understand you want the best for your money and we will be sure to give that to you at all times.

Q: What is D3's racing background?
A: Our engineers have been building World Champion NHRA Pro Stock chassis for the last 35 years. Without a doubt we have some of the most top-notch engineers in the automotive industry. We constantly R&D all of our components on dedicated racecars, to insure the highest level of performance.

We hope that these FAQ's will help answer some of your questions. If there are any others please let us know.
Thank you,

JSIR
01-02-2003, 09:42 PM
good info, just got a quick question. Firstly when is the front upper strut bar going to be available. Secondly if you only could do one mod between the front lower X brace or the front upper strut bar which one would you recommend out of the two choices in terms of improvement on a daily driver , that maybe sees two track events per season max. ?. Sorry for the long question, any info would be cool.

thanks, keep up the good designs, sound good.:cool:

Dr. Design
01-03-2003, 10:28 AM
Hello,
That is a tough one to answer. Considering we have one of the only Front strut tower braces taht actually attach to the firewall, it causes our FSTB-C to be superior to others on the market. It really makes a big difference.
Although the XCB-C is no weak link, it will certainly hold its own on the track.
I would have to personally go with both!
I know you asked for one but I personally couldn't choose just one. They both work great!
If it helps the XCB-C will released first. The FSTB-C should be out in about a month.
Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Thank you,

Originally posted by JSIR
good info, just got a quick question. Firstly when is the front upper strut bar going to be available. Secondly if you only could do one mod between the front lower X brace or the front upper strut bar which one would you recommend out of the two choices in terms of improvement on a daily driver , that maybe sees two track events per season max. ?. Sorry for the long question, any info would be cool.

thanks, keep up the good designs, sound good.:cool:

02blksi
01-03-2003, 04:19 PM
Dr design, sorry to thread jack but my jaw has just dropped to the floor and i must ask you. Is that your SI that you are building up... looks to me like you are tubocharged, nitrous, and are running a standalone ecu system?

Is that an electromotive ignition system i see? individual coil packs etc etc.

anymore info on your setup or some pics were i can see it better. thanks alot. and as far as the brace, what is your expected price for it? thanks - keep up the good work --Joe:)

TravisEP3
01-04-2003, 10:11 AM
I cant answer to the specifics of your question 02blksi but here are some more pics of the EP3 they are building straight from their website. Here is the link too.

http://k7fx.com/d3/products/csk/civic/index.htm

TravisEP3
01-04-2003, 10:12 AM
And another...

Dr. Design
01-06-2003, 12:03 PM
=)
Well............... I dont know how much of that I can answer. Yes we are working on the turbo kit for the SI. You are correct with the first 2 assumptions. However are not running a stand alone at this time. The ignition system that you see there is NOLOGY's brand new product for the SI's.
The kit is still in the works. This is why I can only show you the picture that is already been posted.
Thank you,

Originally posted by 02blksi
Dr design, sorry to thread jack but my jaw has just dropped to the floor and i must ask you. Is that your SI that you are building up... looks to me like you are tubocharged, nitrous, and are running a standalone ecu system?

Is that an electromotive ignition system i see? individual coil packs etc etc.

anymore info on your setup or some pics were i can see it better. thanks alot. and as far as the brace, what is your expected price for it? thanks - keep up the good work --Joe:)

fsugatorbait
01-22-2003, 01:53 PM
Dr. desingn

wondering what the kit would cost less the xbrace for the ep3?

fsugatorbait
01-22-2003, 02:14 PM
Dr. desingn

Dr. Design
01-23-2003, 11:57 AM
There still is no price yet for the Front Strut Tower brace. However the rear strut bar is $185 plus shipping. We are also coming out with some new braces in the next few weeks.
Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Thank you,

Originally posted by fsugatorbait
Dr. desingn

LordKoo
02-19-2003, 03:06 PM
When is the FSTB will be ready? Any pricing yet?

Jpax
02-23-2003, 08:50 PM
I WILL be buying his Strut tower Brace when it is Available.

todaCspec
02-25-2003, 06:52 AM
The part where the strut tower bar touches the firewall, is it bolted on? I don't see any bolts or brackets where it makes contact.

Dr. Design
02-25-2003, 11:27 AM
Hello,
The FSTB-C does attach to the firewall. There are brackets on the back side of the FSTB-C that bolt to the wall. It uses two bolts to hold it to the firewall. The best part about it is that it requires NO drilling. Also we are getting much closer to getting this component into full production. Please let us know if there are any other questions.
Thank you,

Originally posted by todaCspec
The part where the strut tower bar touches the firewall, is it bolted on? I don't see any bolts or brackets where it makes contact.

LeperCon
03-07-2003, 11:12 PM
I am interested in your product, but had a couple of questions:

What is the price for the full kit for an EP3, and what does it include?
What is your status on availability of the product, a.k.a. if I ordered it next week how long before I got it?

Thank you for your time.

Dr. Design
03-18-2003, 04:06 PM
Hello,
There is no price for this as of yet. We are still working on our CSK-C for the EP3 application. We will guarantee it will be worth the wait!!
We are trying to get it out by mid April. Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Thank you,

Originally posted by LeperCon
I am interested in your product, but had a couple of questions:

What is the price for the full kit for an EP3, and what does it include?
What is your status on availability of the product, a.k.a. if I ordered it next week how long before I got it?

Thank you for your time.

Dunrick
04-13-2003, 08:41 AM
Roughly how much weight is this xbrace/upper front strut/upper rear stut going to add? Weight reduction in this car is our joyest friend. Thanks

Dr. Design
04-14-2003, 02:31 PM
Hello,
Total weight should be around 7-10lbs. once installed. The gains that one would see over the additional weight should be welcomed during your first canyon run!
Please let us know if there are any other questions.
Thank you,

Originally posted by Dunrick
Roughly how much weight is this xbrace/upper front strut/upper rear stut going to add? Weight reduction in this car is our joyest friend. Thanks

Suk02Si
04-14-2003, 03:27 PM
I can't wait until it's completed:)

Dunrick
04-14-2003, 07:37 PM
Lots of people on here are average Joe's, who dont make a whole lot of money - how much are we going to have to save up for these products? Any Idea roughly?

I just like to say its cool your on the message board, and responding to the EP3 community. Appreciate it. Smart decision, on a business standpoint...

2k3vbpEP
04-27-2003, 02:12 PM
Sounds good. Now I think I have my suspension planned. I am thinking Tein springs, Koni Inserts, the complete braces, and Hotchkis front and rear sway bars. Should be carving it up pretty soon here.

LeperCon
04-29-2003, 03:07 PM
Do you know yet when these braces will be available, and how much they are going to cost? I am very interested in purchasing them.

RyteN2Ep3
05-02-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by LeperCon
Do you know yet when these braces will be available, and how much they are going to cost? I am very interested in purchasing them.

i second on that!!

LeperCon
05-08-2003, 02:41 AM
Hey, are we ever gonna get any more info on this? Last you said it would be ready 3 weeks ago. I understand delays, but we gotta hear from you once in a while. Anyhow, I still want the kit, just want some info!

ThickMick
05-08-2003, 05:46 AM
Yeah,

Give us an update once in a while. Even if its a further delay in production, we just want to know whats up so we can plan, mmmkay?

Dr. Design
05-08-2003, 06:02 PM
Hello All,
Sorry for the extremely long delay in getting back to you all. We appreciate all the emails and PM's we are getting about our products. At this time we gotten everything straightened out so it is safe to say that we will certainly be making progress on the production of the CSK-C for the EP3. We will also offer the full CSK-C at a special price when we release it for all of those who have been patiently waiting. Please let us know if there are any questions.
Thank you,

LeperCon
05-08-2003, 07:33 PM
A special price is always good :) Do you have a preliminary release date yet?