PDA

View Full Version : New Clutch?

sirblade01
11-04-2011, 10:06 AM
I just bought my ep3. It's the si and it has 149,000 miles on it. Bone stock, no mods. The clutch ended up going out a few days ago. I need to put a new one in, is it worth it to get like a stage 1 clutch or what not? I want a clutch that can handle more but I want it to last. Im planning on getting headers, a full exhaust, and a cai. Thats probably it. So idk if i would need a better clutch then the oem or if it would be worth having one? So if anyone could tell me aftermarket clutch's to suggest or if I should stick with oem thatd be great and where to find em. Thank for the help

T_Virus
11-04-2011, 12:07 PM
if you are just going with bolt ons, either oem or at most a stage 1 clutch.

ryboto
11-04-2011, 12:45 PM
I just bought my ep3. It's the si and it has 149,000 miles on it. Bone stock, no mods. The clutch ended up going out a few days ago. I need to put a new one in, is it worth it to get like a stage 1 clutch or what not? I want a clutch that can handle more but I want it to last. Im planning on getting headers, a full exhaust, and a cai. Thats probably it. So idk if i would need a better clutch then the oem or if it would be worth having one? So if anyone could tell me aftermarket clutch's to suggest or if I should stick with oem thatd be great and where to find em. Thank for the help

I just got a Type-S flywheel, so this will work for me - http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/CC-8037-STOCK.html, not sure if it'll also work with the Ep3? Everyone over there seems to say go with Competition Clutch...I know about as much as you, unfortunately.

BeaterEP
11-04-2011, 01:32 PM
I had an Exedy Stage 1 (organic) for a while and enjoyed it a lot.
A bit grabbier than the OEM, but nowhere near undriveable in a DD.
Just remember, your flywheel dictates your clutch; if you're running a Type-S or ITR fly, you'll need a clutch spec'd for the same.

sirblade01
11-04-2011, 06:09 PM
I see well could I put the Competition Clutch Stage 1.5 gravity clutch on my ep3 without changing to a type-s flywheel? I read somewhere on one site that pretty much all the aftermarket clutches like that would require me to get a type-s flywheel? And does anyone know the longevity of the competition clutches? or the longevity of the exedy stage 1's? with the exedy would i need the type-s flywheel? Thanks

BeaterEP
11-04-2011, 06:12 PM
I'm pretty sure Exedy makes a kit for either the EP or the DC5, but I don't really know about the comp clutches.

sirblade01
11-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Could you send a link? Anyone else know about the Competitions??

sirblade01
11-07-2011, 07:34 AM
*bump* anyone?

97gsr
11-07-2011, 09:08 AM
I just put this exact setup in my car a month ago. I have only driven it maybe 300 miles but love it! http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/CC-CK-8037-1.html. But yes if you go with the rsx clutch you have to use the rsx flywheel. The Exedy stag 1 is just a stock replacement from what I know. I put a Exedy stage 1 and lightened flywheel in my last ep3 and I definitely like the Competition WAY better.

zeroroot
11-07-2011, 10:53 AM
http://www.amazon.com/EXEDY-KHC09-OEM-Replacement-Clutch/dp/B001B5EEGE/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1320688339&sr=1-1

^ Exedy clutch kit, $130 and free shipping. Pretty hard to beat.