PDA

View Full Version : VBP Si Western NY

StimulisRK
11-04-2011, 10:16 AM
Never really noticed this section, figured I'd post now! Finally bought my EP3 back in August - really stoked on it because for a somewhat big city, there's only 4 others that I've consistently seen over the years here and most people I talk to never really knew about the 02-05 Si's.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6092/6312703166_95756db1cd_b.jpg
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6101/6312699824_85e43106e7_b.jpg

Sorry if I ask alot of dumb questions (I probably already have :smile: ). Its my 1st car ever actually getting involved with one more than just oil changes and tires. I got a lot to learn, but definitely know more than the previous owner haha, so right now I'm just taking care of all the little things he neglected over the years.
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6199/6104519849_7937e1d42b_b.jpg

Anyone else from Rochester/Western NY? Also, anyone go to RIT? I see a Gold Si with a EPhatch sticker in the parking lot every day!

K20wagon
11-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Welcome and nice ep3, did someone try to break into it.

SHHEP3@UB
11-04-2011, 12:45 PM
Yay Rochester! Only a couple rochester guys, kind of spread out so it seams hard to get everyone together. I sold my Megan cat-back to a guy with a NHBP ep at RIT two years, do you see him around?

StimulisRK
11-04-2011, 01:32 PM
Welcome and nice ep3, did someone try to break into it.

Someone broke in and stole the previous owners sound system a while back and he just kinda left the door handle the way it was. On my list of 'fixes' before I even get to mods haha. Still locks fine though.

Yay Rochester! Only a couple rochester guys, kind of spread out so it seams hard to get everyone together. I sold my Megan cat-back to a guy with a NHBP ep at RIT two years, do you see him around?

Yeah they definable seem pretty rare around here, theres a ton of 8th gen's though. Never seen a black one at RIT - just the same Gold si every day, and a white one every now and then

K20wagon
11-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Well at least it still locks, what's future plans

whatsvtec
11-04-2011, 03:30 PM
The gold SI is Duy! He's on here, but never posts anymore. Welcome! :mbiggrin: I was eyeing that car on CList for a while before it sold to you. Glad to see you joined up here and plan on bringing the car back to it's prime :mcool:

Did your uncle give you the note I left @ his shop? I saw your car there a few months back and wanted to make sure you knew about ephatch :hay:

StimulisRK
11-04-2011, 08:12 PM
The gold SI is Duy! He's on here, but never posts anymore. Welcome! :mbiggrin: I was eyeing that car on CList for a while before it sold to you. Glad to see you joined up here and plan on bringing the car back to it's prime :mcool:

Did your uncle give you the note I left @ his shop? I saw your car there a few months back and wanted to make sure you knew about ephatch :hay:

I was going back and forth on it for since June, not sure If I wanted to deal with that suspension haha. Then when he told me he actually had other people looking at it, I had to get it, sorry about that!
Yeah man, I was there the next day and he told me about you stopping by and gave me that note, we both kinda thought that was pretty cool. We were wonderin tho, how'd you end up seeing it? His shop isn't exactly on a busy road haha

whatsvtec
11-04-2011, 08:40 PM
I was on my way to the animal hospital right next door.

No big deal abt pickin' that up. You saved me from a bit of debt and some fixing of things I probably wouldn't have wanted to deal with. If you don't mind my asking, how much did you talk him down to?

StimulisRK
11-04-2011, 09:41 PM
ah that makes sense. I kept trying for 5k cause there were a lot of little things that added up, but got him down to $5250. So far it's been fine mechanically, just mainly trying to get the suspension all set

StimulisRK
11-04-2011, 09:47 PM
Well at least it still locks, what's future plans

Right now just getting the suspension dialed in. Already got new struts and a rear camber kit on, just got shocks in the mail. Other than that, nothing major, just some interior stuff for now.

whatsvtec
11-04-2011, 10:10 PM
Damn :( Shoulda kept pressing for $5k. I talked him down to it somehow. lol

What struts are you pickin' up?

MugenReplica
11-05-2011, 06:56 AM
We all need to get together for something fun this year. Who's still driving their Ep this winter?

This year has been consistently WAY too busy.

StimulisRK
11-05-2011, 07:32 AM
ah man, I knew I coulda got 5 haha! I just got Tokico blues - pretty basic, but they'll do the job, i'd love to have gone with coils but college drains me. It still had the OEM struts and it was lowered before he even bought it, it sounded and felt horrible! Did you ever drive it?

I'm driving mine this winter!

SHHEP3@UB
11-05-2011, 10:26 AM
We all need to get together for something fun this year. Who's still driving their Ep this winter?

This year has been consistently WAY too busy.

I'll be back in town mid December.

blueandgoldep3
11-05-2011, 10:27 AM
im driving mine this winter :(

MugenReplica
11-05-2011, 10:41 AM
im driving mine this winter :(

Are you from Rochester?

whatsvtec
11-05-2011, 11:19 AM
I never wound up driving it or even checking it out. Too busy/broke. Haha!

I'm driving my EP this winter John! We definitely need to set up a meet soon. Kings highway might be done getting paved, I haven't been down it in a long time.

tyoung560
11-26-2011, 10:44 PM
I looked at this car when I was browsing for my civic. Glad it made its way into good hands. I'm from Rochester but I live in Oswego right now but I'm back in Rochester usually once a week. My name is Tim, hit me up if you ever need anything. All us ROC folk should meet up soon!

MugenReplica
11-27-2011, 08:25 AM
I looked at this car when I was browsing for my civic. Glad it made its way into good hands. I'm from Rochester but I live in Oswego right now but I'm back in Rochester usually once a week. My name is Tim, hit me up if you ever need anything. All us ROC folk should meet up soon!

We should all definitely make a date and get out together.

tyoung560
11-28-2011, 06:11 PM
Agreed. I talked to whatsvtec about it, we're running out of decent weather so maybe we'll have to wait til spring. I don't wanna hijack this thread so PM me about it.

1sickhatch
12-03-2011, 02:24 AM
welcom

whatsvtec
12-03-2011, 06:42 AM
Hey stimulisRK, did you ever get your door handle fixed? I can probably help you get it painted if you buy a new one.

StimulisRK
12-08-2011, 07:28 AM
Hey stimulisRK, did you ever get your door handle fixed? I can probably help you get it painted if you buy a new one.

Not yet. I had Ralph Honda take a look at it for me, all thats broken is the Handle and the Lock Cylinder, thankfully nothing else. They want $291 for parts and labor though. I found those parts online, and I found the door handle in the right color, but i'm not too confident in myself to get the lock cylinder in right. You ever done anything replacing the actual cylinder or other parts of the locking mechanism?

StimulisRK
12-08-2011, 07:29 AM

Thanks man! Did you end up finding an EP?

whatsvtec
12-08-2011, 07:42 AM
Not yet. I had Ralph Honda take a look at it for me, all thats broken is the Handle and the Lock Cylinder, thankfully nothing else. They want $291 for parts and labor though. I found those parts online, and I found the door handle in the right color, but i'm not too confident in myself to get the lock cylinder in right. You ever done anything replacing the actual cylinder or other parts of the locking mechanism?

Does your uncle haave trim tools @ his shop? I'm confident enough that we could get it done on our own if youu'd want to meet up and try.

MugenReplica
12-08-2011, 09:40 AM
Back in the swing of things, i've been in the hospital for the last week. When would be good for all of you guys to get together (although this should be reserved for a different thread, I thought I'd ask here). Maybe next Friday/Saturday?

StimulisRK
12-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Does your uncle haave trim tools @ his shop? I'm confident enough that we could get it done on our own if youu'd want to meet up and try.

I dont see why he wouldnt, he's got everything. I'm sure he could do it, I just dont like bothering him with petty stuff that could take up alot of time, like with the door panel. So I'm sure we could bring it there one day and definitely figure it out. Only thing, I'm not working right now and wont be until the spring and im pretty tied down moneywise, so i'm not buying those parts til then.

Back in the swing of things, i've been in the hospital for the last week. When would be good for all of you guys to get together (although this should be reserved for a different thread, I thought I'd ask here). Maybe next Friday/Saturday?
Friday and Saturday both sound good to me