PDA

View Full Version : HFP wing showing signs of crackle.

STP03BlueSI
11-05-2011, 01:22 PM
So my HFP wing is starting to show signs of crackle. I am gonna take some pics of it today when I get home, but its really upsetting that this piece is doing that. No other parts of the car have this.

Almost reminds me of the integra front ends that have the spider webbing due to the front flexing and the paint giving.:mcry:

Anyone else having this issue?

First thought it was "swirl marks" but its not.
http://brut-photography.smugmug.com/Other/FOR-SALE/i-fHxZVbV/0/L/IMG0094-L.jpg

http://brut-photography.smugmug.com/Other/FOR-SALE/i-JrrCZGq/0/L/IMG0102-L.jpg

Mine is starting to show something, but i'm not really sure what it is. It's a really small spot though, and I've regularly kept my car clean.

STP03BlueSI
11-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Images added.

56chevydan
11-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Did you buy it new from Honda or used?
If it was used, I'm curious if it could have been re-painted/ cleared by a previous owner and the clear coat is just going bad?

mitchlikesbikes
11-05-2011, 06:22 PM
my oem wing is doing something similar to this. i think it was because the previous owner allowed nasty water to sit down in the dip and just eat the paint alive. the car was hardly ever driven so it probably sat with the water in there for a long time. could explain yours if it's been under the same conditions.

STP03BlueSI
11-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Did you buy it new from Honda or used?
If it was used, I'm curious if it could have been re-painted/ cleared by a previous owner and the clear coat is just going bad?

Brand new from Honda. It was purchased in 2005 from a Honda dealership in FL.

my oem wing is doing something similar to this. i think it was because the previous owner allowed nasty water to sit down in the dip and just eat the paint alive. the car was hardly ever driven so it probably sat with the water in there for a long time. could explain yours if it's been under the same conditions.

My car does sit outside, but is daily driven, and taken care of (washed, waxed, claybared).

mitchlikesbikes
11-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Brand new from Honda. It was purchased in 2005 from a Honda dealership in FL.

My car does sit outside, but is daily driven, and taken care of (washed, waxed, claybared).

Yeah I figured you probably take good care of it i was just curious. Hondas paint quality just seems to be so hit and miss. It sucks.

sippyyy
11-06-2011, 03:51 PM
it's ruined. take it off, ship it to me and I will "dispose" of it properly :shady:

junevtec
11-06-2011, 06:05 PM
its the paint it looks like it wasnt preped correctly before painting is this piece fiberglass or plastic?
So my HFP wing is starting to show signs of crackle. I am gonna take some pics of it today when I get home, but its really upsetting that this piece is doing that. No other parts of the car have this.

Almost reminds me of the integra front ends that have the spider webbing due to the front flexing and the paint giving.:mcry:

Anyone else having this issue?

First thought it was "swirl marks" but its not.
http://brut-photography.smugmug.com/Other/FOR-SALE/i-fHxZVbV/0/L/IMG0094-L.jpg

http://brut-photography.smugmug.com/Other/FOR-SALE/i-JrrCZGq/0/L/IMG0102-L.jpg

PatrickJamesYu
11-06-2011, 06:37 PM
So you do wash, wax, and clay bar it often?

What products you use?

STP03BlueSI
11-07-2011, 05:57 PM
its the paint it looks like it wasnt preped correctly before painting is this piece fiberglass or plastic?

This is the HFP Wing from the HONDA Factory, comes from the factory PAINTED by Honda.. Not Type R Replica which is Fiberglass.

So you do wash, wax, and clay bar it often?

What products you use?

Wash - JAX Wax Wash and Wax fluid, JAX Wax Carib, and Mothers Claybar.

Car is washed atleast once every 2 weeks, waxed once every month, and claybar'ed every 3 months. Also twice a year it goes to a detailer.

DRP967
11-08-2011, 12:14 PM
Since you mentioned you bought it new/properly maintain the finish...my quess its a lemon spoiler. Honda's paint is either good or bad. Maybe consider a CF variety? I have seen two HFP spoilers so far and both are 4+ years and still look good, as mentioned maybe you just got a bad spoiler. (paint wise)

mitchlikesbikes
11-08-2011, 02:52 PM
take it to the stealership and tell them you'll ram it up their ass if they don't replace or repaint it for you. haha

DRP967
11-08-2011, 05:34 PM
take it to the stealership and tell them you'll ram it up their ass if they don't replace or repaint it for you. haha

Dealerships dont give a fudge...I wish the nasties there would get rat tat tatted into Swiss cheese.

Euro-Yellow-Ep3
11-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Those cracks are from the clearcoat bring applied to thin and cracking under stress

STP03BlueSI
11-09-2011, 04:06 PM
Those cracks are from the clearcoat bring applied to thin and cracking under stress

Wonder if I could just have is sanded and re-cleared. Guess Ill talk to the paint guy that comes to the dealership I work at.

eternal780
11-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Wonder if I could just have is sanded and re-cleared. Guess Ill talk to the paint guy that comes to the dealership I work at.

best thing is to get it repainted.