PDA

View Full Version : RSX and EP compatability.

EP_EJAY
11-05-2011, 08:09 PM
Hey you guys. My knowledge has slowly deteriorated since parting out my car. I know many of u know this answer, tried searching but didnt find all the answers.

I know RSX-S suspension is compatible with ep3 suspension, but are their mods that need to be done to make it fit?

RSX-S?
Base?

How about EP3 suspension? Will it work on a RSX-S? Base?

Thanks

-EJAY

whatsvtec
11-06-2011, 12:31 AM
Read up on the A-spec suspension swap. That should give you details about the difference between RSX and EP3 suspensions.

If I'm correct, the tie rod is bigger on RSX's, the ball joints are bigger on rsx's, and the rear sleeve in the shock absorber is a few mm longer on rsx. Other than that it's basically a direct swap.

Andrew
11-06-2011, 09:39 AM
i think for what you're going for (all stock) to resell your car. stay away from the rsx suspension set ups since you'll need new tie rod ends and probably need to shave down the rears to fit the LCAs, but it all depends on what you want or what you can get a hold of. so rmr ep3 suspensions will work fine like always and rsx ones will need some additional parts and some grinding down of the rear suspension components

mikewbd
11-07-2011, 11:46 AM
Read up on the A-spec suspension swap. That should give you details about the difference between RSX and EP3 suspensions.

If I'm correct, the tie rod is bigger on RSX's, the ball joints are bigger on rsx's, and the rear sleeve in the shock absorber is a few mm longer on rsx. Other than that it's basically a direct swap.

So if we use a type-s knuckle (assuming the splines are the same) with the bigger rsx ball joints and tie rods. It should all be fine?

whatsvtec
11-07-2011, 03:25 PM
The lower bushing/sleeve in the rear struts will still need to be ground down a little bit to fit. W/type-s knuckles then you're running into problems with axles and brakes possibly not fitting.

THe easiest way to do this would be to get RSX tie-rod ends and grind down the rear sleeve. Ill link a thread describing the exact mods needed to be done.

Edit: LINKY LINK LINK! http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?59257-DIY-A-Spec-Suspension-on-ep3&highlight=A-spec+DIY