PDA

View Full Version : Help replacing dash piece

larryo108
11-08-2011, 11:57 AM
When I first bought my car I did a stupid thing. I bought an FM Modulator that mounted in a cupholder and put it in the cup holder in the dash to the left of the steering wheel. I cut a hole in the trim piece with a little cubby below the cupholder to run the wiring.

Well i then hardwired my mp3 player into the stereo and now I just have a big hole in my cubby. I bought a new trim piece and have been searching for how to install it. Can anyone provide any insight? The part in question is #8 in the below diagram?

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/catimgs/14s5s01_b3710.png

Do I need to remove the upper dash part or can I do less? What do I need to do? This is the last piece I need to replace in order to fix all the holes I cut into the car when I first bought it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

usedep3
11-08-2011, 09:12 PM
i have to replace the same piece as well. from what i can tell so far, it doesnt look like a simple fix. according to the honda shop manual, the entire dash has to be taken out to replace that piece. probably bc part 3 needs to come out to get #8 in

larryo108
11-10-2011, 11:10 AM
Yeah. I found the info in the Service Manual after posting this. That is a lot of work to replace one part. We'll see if I decide whether or not to do it. Although I really want to. My only fear in reading all of the info is replacing the dash on the guide pins. I'll post back if I decide to do it.