PDA

View Full Version : K-Tuned immobilizer bypass?

Reaper27
11-09-2011, 05:10 AM
I'm really wanting to get kpro soon but I can't have my car down for a week since it's my DD so I was wondering if I bought a used PNF ecu and had kpro installed could I used the K-Tuned immobilizer bypass to for it? Or could I take the immobilizer out of my car and send it to them and used the bypass in my car for the time being?

andyman97
11-09-2011, 06:06 AM
Kpro allows you to turn the immobilizer off. You only need a bypass if you're using a stock ecu. Even with a stock ecu, you can have honda reprogram a different stock ecu for the immobilizer in your car.

Reaper27
11-09-2011, 08:00 AM
Ok, but what I'm wanting to know is do I have to send an immobilizer to Hondata when I send them an ECU or can I just send them an ECU? Also if I need to send them an immobilizer then can I just send them mine when I send the ECU and they reprogram it to the new ecu and till I get it back just use the K-Tuned bypass?

gtolio
11-09-2011, 08:40 AM
Ok, but what I'm wanting to know is do I have to send an immobilizer to Hondata when I send them an ECU or can I just send them an ECU? Also if I need to send them an immobilizer then can I just send them mine when I send the ECU and they reprogram it to the new ecu and till I get it back just use the K-Tuned bypass?

You just send them the ECU. I don't want to get into too many details on how the immobilizer works online, but it's not it's own external unit.

Here are some ECUs without immobilizers for sale:
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=91731

I haven't read a lot into it, but you can probably get more info from the guy selling them.

Jojo
11-09-2011, 10:22 AM
Hybrid racing sells a immobilizer removal unit and u still keep ur ECU.

http://www.hybrid-racing.com/store/index.php/new-items/immobilizer-removal-unit.html

RHCP0801
11-09-2011, 10:32 AM
you only have to send hondata your immobilizer if your getting the reflash, not kpro

Reaper27
11-09-2011, 11:43 AM
you only have to send hondata your immobilizer if your getting the reflash, not kpro

Ok, that's what I was wondering cause I've found some PNF ecus online for a decent price and was looking to go one to send off so I don't have to have my car down. When I get it back tho do I have to take it to the dealer to have the immobilizer rekeyed or can it work without that?

RHCP0801
11-09-2011, 01:19 PM
no, you can disable it in kpro

Reaper27
11-09-2011, 02:34 PM
no, you can disable it in kpro

Good, that's what I was hoping for. If it gets to me later I'll just take it to the dealership and have it re-keyed

jh604
11-09-2011, 05:52 PM
Good, that's what I was hoping for. If it gets to me later I'll just take it to the dealership and have it re-keyed

There is an option in K-pro, that you can disable the immobilizer. You don't need to get re-keyed or anything. If you want your immobilizer to work, simply go to a dealership and get them to reprogram the immobilizer.

Reaper27
11-11-2011, 01:23 PM
Well I just picked up a PNF ecu off ebay for $60 shipped, planning on getting Kpro next month. I've never had any experience with a program like this so I will prob be asking a lot of questions on here haha