PDA

View Full Version : yet another heat/coolant issue!

scythe88
11-10-2011, 07:26 AM
ok i know there are a bunch of these threads, but. my EP is running great. the thing is that i would not get heat when stopped...now i just dont get heat at all. so now i went to bleed the system, jacked the front end up to make that the highest point. and the fans didnt turn on and it does not feel like i am getting coolant in the upper radiator hose. it is 35* outside so i dont know if that would be the problem. i replaced the thermostat around last summer, or could it be that there just isnt enough coolant(though the over fill tank is full). thanks for the help!

Mechanic
11-11-2011, 02:45 AM
This from at least 20 threads over the past nine years: 1) Bleed the cooling system to ensure it is full of coolant and free of air; 2) Ensure the diverter valve is opening fully; 3) Dress warmly.

You can spend a lot of time, money and energy replacing various components, but once the cooling system is free of air and hot water is flowing to the interior radiator, that's all the heat you're going to get.

AKEP
11-12-2011, 01:41 AM
yeah don't fill it through the overflow bottle. fill the actual radiator. once the tube in the bottle can't reach the water in the bottom that bottle becomes useless untill you open the radiator and fill it up.