PDA

View Full Version : Skunk2 meggapower R vs buddy club pro-spec

antisocial
11-13-2011, 11:29 AM
Well, I just installed a KRRH, and am in need of a CTR spec catback system. I'd liek to save a few bucks by using the skunk2, but want to know if anyone here has experience with it first. My main concern/question is whether it will simply bolt up to the krrh flange, of will a larger one need to be welded on so that it doesnt leak??? please help a born again noob that's been gone since the great crash of '08

whatsvtec
11-13-2011, 12:11 PM
Well, I just installed a KRRH, and am in need of a CTR spec catback system. I'd liek to save a few bucks by using the skunk2, but want to know if anyone here has experience with it first. My main concern/question is whether it will simply bolt up to the krrh flange, of will a larger one need to be welded on so that it doesnt leak??? please help a born again noob that's been gone since the great crash of '08

Any RSX-S spec exhaust system will work for you.

antisocial
11-13-2011, 12:27 PM
i know that part, since the header is DC5 spec. just was asking those who have used the megapower R ctr spec, whether it will bolt right up, or require a larger flange at the end of the header. perhaps I should have been more clear.

whatsvtec
11-13-2011, 12:32 PM
CTR spec=RSX-S spec

Flanges should be the same

antisocial
11-13-2011, 12:45 PM
i know. what i am asking is whether or not there is an issue with mating the 2.5" collector at the end of my header with a 70mm catback, as 70mm is greater than 2.5". I know someone out there with a megapower r system can answer this for me.

lldiesel386ll
11-13-2011, 02:32 PM
CTR spec=RSX-S spec

Flanges should be the same

false. ctr spec midpipe is the same as an rsx-s spec midpipe. axleback portions are different--ep spec axlebacks are about 3 inches shorter and if you use an rsx s spec axleback the pipe will poke out--it looks rather ridiculous :mtongue:

whatsvtec
11-13-2011, 07:07 PM
false. ctr spec midpipe is the same as an rsx-s spec midpipe. axleback portions are different--ep spec axlebacks are about 3 inches shorter and if you use an rsx s spec axleback the pipe will poke out--it looks rather ridiculous :mtongue:

I was referring to the midpipe, but thanks for clearing that up! :thumbu: It's good to catch a mistake so he doesn't order the wrong part/wonder why it's different when he gets it.

As far as I know though, you shouldn't have to change flanges just because the piping is different sizes, the flanges should be similar enough in size that the gasket will seal it off well.

AKEP
11-14-2011, 04:11 AM
I was referring to the midpipe, but thanks for clearing that up! :thumbu: It's good to catch a mistake so he doesn't order the wrong part/wonder why it's different when he gets it.

As far as I know though, you shouldn't have to change flanges just because the piping is different sizes, the flanges should be similar enough in size that the gasket will seal it off well.

yeah the bolt pattern is the same. it will bolt to your ep spec midpipe. just too long to fit the car lol.