PDA

View Full Version : anyone have diy for replaceing the blower motor

dakobester
11-16-2011, 10:14 PM
My fan stopped working today. No a/c, no circulation, no heat. I think it's the blower motor, I think that's what is called is broken. Anyone know how to replace?

AKEP
11-17-2011, 02:54 AM
resister box? can't find it here at work but if noone else posts it up by the time i get home...

http://www.hondapartscheap.com/index.php?p=page&page_id=part_picker&make=Honda&model=CIVIC&year=2004&version=3DR%20SI&transmission=KA5MT&system=PARTS&component=HEATER%20BLOWER

#4 is usually the culprit. also, check your fuses before you buy anything.

dakobester
11-28-2011, 07:20 PM
thanks, honda is charging $110 to diagnose the prob.

CJ89
11-29-2011, 09:29 AM
It could be a resistor check and see if the fan turns on when you have the switch on high.

Kerby
11-29-2011, 10:35 AM
the best way is to do a search on ephatch for the service manual.
We have a link available for you to download the entire manual.

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
11-29-2011, 10:23 PM
You probably need the power transistor just an fyi i changed my out a few years ago and i picked up the part at an acura dealer. The honda part is like 70 bucks the acura part is 50 bucks and it is something that acura keeps in stock.
Also section 21-8 of the FSM has the self diagnosis of the hvac system. Here is the procedure on how to do the self diagnosis test.
How to Retrievea DTC

1. Turn the fan switch OFF.
2. Press and hold the recirculation control switch and the rear window defoster switch down.
3. Turn the ignition switch oN {lli.
4. Release both switches. There circulation indicator and the rear window defogger indicator come on. The recirculation indicator goes off 3 seconds later and the AC indicator comes on. then the self-diagnosiswill begin. About 10 seconds later the self-diagnosis will finish and the AC indicator goes off.
lf any trouble is found. There circulation indicator blinks the diagnostic trouble code(DTC) to indicate a faulty circulator component.
lf the system is OK the recirculation indicator stays off.

Here is what the number of blinks indicate

7 An open in the air mix control motor circuit
8 A short in the air mix control motor circuit
9 A problem in the air mix control linkage, door, or motor
10 An open or short in the mode control motor circuit
11 A problem in the mode control linkage doors, or motor
12 A problem in the blower motor circuit
13 A problem in the EEPROM in the heater control panel; the control panel must be replaced
14 An open in the evaporator temperature sensor circuit
15 A short in the evaporator temperature sensor circuit

dakobester
11-30-2011, 08:26 PM
thanks guys. mitchlikesbikes, you did come across like an ass. peace!