PDA

View Full Version : HELP how to get puke out of back seats????

silverciv
11-20-2011, 08:21 AM
so last night I was DD and some idiot puked all over my backseat. no warning or anything. we blotted it all up as best as we could given the circumstances, but how do i get all the stains and smell out of the alcantara?

Satinsilver03
11-20-2011, 08:34 AM
I think the best bet would be to take a steam cleaner to it.....

Satinsilver03
11-20-2011, 08:41 AM
Just did a quick search on google and it seems like alot of ppl are using a product called (woolite)..... I've personally never heard of it but I live in Canada so it may not be available here lol

silverciv
11-20-2011, 08:59 AM
k thanks a lot. ive heard about that too so ill go get some. im gonna have to remove the back seats as well. is this easy?

eccramer
11-20-2011, 09:26 PM
Okay, so this happened to me a couple years ago. First off, you did the right thing blotting it up. Secondly, you need to make sure that it's not gonna smell, even if you wiped it up, you haven't necessarily gotten rid of all of the bacteria in there. Try to find some "enzymatic cleaner" product. Definitely take the rear seat out, and shampoo it as if you can get a hold of a home shampoo machine like a Bissel or something. Basically, here's what I did.

1) Removed the "chunks" and solid bits from the seat and carpet (this guy really let go in my back seat).
2) Remove the seat. It's really really easy, and it makes working on this so much easier.
3) Blot up the areas where the vomit was. Make sure to get the seams in the seat cover as well. I used damp washcloths. Also, a spraybottle of "simple green" cleaner works great. It won't discolor the alcantara/suede material.
4) Enzymatic cleaner. I can't stress this enough, all of the auto detailing information that I found made it clear that your seats are going to smell like stale barf on hot days if you don't use something like that. It basically contains enzymes that break down the biological compounds that smell.
5) Shampoo out the gross junk and enzymatic cleaner. It's important that you have some kind of extractor that sucks the shampoo soap and water out like a vacuum. That's going to make it a lot less likely that anything from the barf is going to stick around. Make sure that you shampoo the carpet if it got in there too. The carpet is rubber backed, so you don't have to remove it, but you need to make sure that you get the barf out of the carpet fibers.
6) Garage your car for a while and get some fans in there/across the seat bench that you removed to dry it really good.

Steam cleaning is probably a great idea too, but I didn't have access to anything like that. Also, I used to anti pet odor soap, but I don't know how useful it was with all the other stuff I did.

Anyway, my back seat is totally fine now. There was no discoloration of the seat material, no lingering smell, the suede is not matted and looks perfect. It's gonna take a lot of work, but you can definitely clean these seats without going to a professional detailer.

Drunken Yak inc
11-20-2011, 09:44 PM
My son puked in my back seat a few months ago... I used a house hold carpet shampooer and it worked like a champ!

Tnhatch03
11-20-2011, 09:55 PM
OMG!

have the punk who did it clean it.. you shouldn't have to worry about it!

shakezillaAE86
11-20-2011, 10:43 PM
turtle wax upholstery cleaner with oxyclean i use it in my car awsome and when my pitbull decides he wants to puke somewhere i won't see at 3am when i'm walking threw the dark

02TWSI
11-21-2011, 04:13 AM
Tuffstuff, its a yellow can.

Use a lot of it.

MBaG
11-21-2011, 04:34 AM
k thanks a lot. ive heard about that too so ill go get some. im gonna have to remove the back seats as well. is this easy?

There's a DIY on how to remove your backseats somewhere in this forum. It's pretty easy.

silverciv
11-22-2011, 11:21 PM
i solved this yesterday. i took out the back seats, and took it to my buddy who works at a detail shop and we put some time and effort into it, and i am happy with the results. i would make the kid who did it clean it up, but i dont trust him with my car. i feel like he would half ass it and it would reek for ever. thanks for all the help.