PDA

View Full Version : tensioner

siep3
11-20-2011, 11:24 AM
anyone has an auto tensioner for sale?

also, if you're using the rsx 2.5, what spacer do you use and what's the dimension? i hope i can find one at local hardware store.

Tnhatch03
11-20-2011, 02:49 PM
have you looked at the aftermarket tensioners?

siep3
11-20-2011, 06:30 PM
which aftermarket tensioner? do you have the link?

Tnhatch03
11-20-2011, 09:57 PM
Skunk 2 sells one...

AKEP
11-22-2011, 10:09 PM
Skunk 2 sells one...

Think he was talking about the belt tensioner, not the timing chain kind sir.

Tnhatch03
11-23-2011, 07:09 AM
Think he was talking about the belt tensioner, not the timing chain kind sir.

i stand corrected... i was wondering why he would need a spacer. lol

siep3
11-23-2011, 08:42 PM
yes, it's for supercharger belt. if you look at the exploded diagram from the website, there's a spacer that will sit between the tensioner.

do you know anyone has a modded auto-tensioner for sale?

AKEP
11-26-2011, 02:20 AM
the auto-tensioner has like a washer or something, the manual one i have no clue. gamma pulled one out but it didn't sit inline with the other pulleys. if u have access to a sawzall or angle grinder you can just make one yourself.

AttarixEp
12-04-2011, 05:12 PM
yes, it's for supercharger belt. if you look at the exploded diagram from the website, there's a spacer that will sit between the tensioner.

do you know anyone has a modded auto-tensioner for sale?

I'd be willing to trade my modded auto-tensioner for a stock one.

AKEP
12-04-2011, 05:42 PM
what do u mean i am not getting your point what u want to say

what part did you not understand? actually, i wouldn't know how to better explain it because i dont know how to install the manual tensioner (at least the one gamma has anyways) and without pics, and you not knowing how a tensioner works, i don't know how to explain it to you. a modified tensioner is exactly that, the stock tensioner sliced up to fit the supercharger snout.

Reaper27
02-21-2012, 09:19 AM
I have been kinda wondering about this. I really want to get a JRSC for my EP and have been doing a lot of research on it but I'm still a little confused on a few things, one being the tensioner. If I buy the kit brand new does it coem with an auto tensioner or just with a manual one and if it just come with the manual tensioner where would I buy an auto one?

gtolio
02-21-2012, 09:24 AM
what do u mean i am not getting your point what u want to say

Why doesn't someone ban this guy. It's an obvious spambot.

differentK
02-22-2012, 06:43 AM
I have been kinda wondering about this. I really want to get a JRSC for my EP and have been doing a lot of research on it but I'm still a little confused on a few things, one being the tensioner. If I buy the kit brand new does it coem with an auto tensioner or just with a manual one and if it just come with the manual tensioner where would I buy an auto one?

the kit comes with a manual tensioner. Jackson racing does not make an auto tensioner assembly for our car. you need to modify your stock autotensioner by cutting the forward lower tab (where the idler pulley bracket bolts to the tensioner) off in order to give clearance for the SC snout.

Reaper27
02-23-2012, 07:28 AM
the kit comes with a manual tensioner. Jackson racing does not make an auto tensioner assembly for our car. you need to modify your stock autotensioner by cutting the forward lower tab (where the idler pulley bracket bolts to the tensioner) off in order to give clearance for the SC snout.

ok haha, I'm still a little confused about some of the aspects of the supercharger setup, I've usually always done turbo but I really want to do the supercharger on my DD. So how exactly would you do that to make it into an auto-tensioner? Do you have any pictures? Thanks man

differentK
02-23-2012, 07:35 AM
there are a couple DIY threads out there between EPhatch and Clubep3- just have to search around