PDA

View Full Version : Damn Springs keep breaking

04SiSpeed
11-21-2011, 08:01 AM
Not only have i never heard of this, but it has happened to me 2 times in a year now on the hatch. First time they where about 5 year old eibach springs and the front driver side snapped on me. I picked up a pair of skunk2 springs then, and now the passanger side has broken on this set.

I dont have OE shocks they been replaced, i was curious if anyone knows y this may be happening to me specificlly, since its continues to happen.

AKEP
11-21-2011, 08:09 AM
who installed them?

04SiSpeed
11-21-2011, 04:21 PM
a good freind of my dads that has been working on his cars since they went to high school together 30+ years ago. So i am pretty sure he knows what he was doing.

My car was loaded down 5 deep last week when i went to a concert i think thats when it happened when i hit a bump. But i still dont get how u hit a bump n ur spring breaks in half

Dbl-Htch
11-23-2011, 10:12 AM
That is definitely strange it would happen twice... I had it happen to me once earlier this year, also on Eibach springs. They had been on the car like 7-1/2 years at that point, the passenger side front broke in 2 places. Eibach was great to deal with, all I had to do was send them a picture of the broken spring and they sent me a new pair, no shipping charges, no questions asked. I think they told me if I wanted all 4 replaced I would've had to ship all 4 old ones back to them. It's worth a shot to give them a call if you still have the broken Eibachs laying around, they do advertise their "million mile warranty"... :mbiggrin:

RedSiBaron
11-23-2011, 04:11 PM
info on what kind of shocks you have might help...

04SiSpeed
11-28-2011, 06:10 PM
sorry thought i said that, but they are tokico blue in the rear never had a issue with any of those breaking and i have kyb cheapo oe replacement shocks in the front