PDA

View Full Version : Some asshole tried to jack my car

yomamaInMySi
01-03-2003, 07:09 AM
So I went to New York City and I stayed out of the city so nothing wouldn't happen to it. I stayed at a hotel out in New Jersey thinking that the car would be better off there, and then I came to find out that some asshole(s) tried to steal the car. They tried to open the car on the passanger side and messed up the cylinder, then they made a big ass hole next to the door handle about 2 inches in diameter, then they try to do the same thing on the driver's side but nothing worked. If you are reading this thread mother fucker good luck next time and I hope that you and your fucking roots burn mother fucker. I wished the worst on your miserable life you piece of shit. Now my car is all fucked up and it's going to need some paint work.:'(

Suk02Si
01-03-2003, 07:16 AM
That's so fucked up. How bad is the paint? Did they only mess up the door paint or did they also scratch up the quarter fender?

At least our cars are harder to break into than older gen Hondas. My gf's Accord was broken into with a simple fuggin screwdriver.

atl-si
01-03-2003, 07:28 AM
Man, that sucks big time. Two things I hate to most: car thieves and cops.:mad:

cbecker333
01-03-2003, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Suk02Si
That's so fucked up. How bad is the paint? Did they only mess up the door paint or did they also scratch up the quarter fender?

At least our cars are harder to break into than older gen Hondas. My gf's Accord was broken into with a simple fuggin screwdriver.

For someting like the last 7 years, Accords have been rated as the car most often stolen. A guy I work with had his stolen in downtown Chicago, just a month ago. Glad we don't have to worry :)

steve_jones
01-03-2003, 07:54 AM
Bad luck there m8, but every cloud has a silver lining, why not use this oppertunity to get it de-handled and locked, would make it look ultra smoothe

Steve

gtaSiR
01-03-2003, 09:23 AM
That really sucks!
:(
Some people have no respect.

yomamaInMySi
01-03-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Suk02Si

It's not just the paint, they ripped through the outer door sheet metal. I have no clue what these assholes were trying to do. The damage was done to the doors around the door handles, but the problem is that since the car is silver, they have to blend the quarter panels, replace one door and paint one fender so the color matches.

02blksi
01-03-2003, 09:48 AM
damn that sucks, every night i worry about my car.... I really hope that we dont have as many thefts as the ITR owners....--Joe. :(

ssvr6
01-03-2003, 10:36 AM
I'm sorry about that. At least it's repairable and nothing was taken.

I swear, every morning I walk down to my car and when I see it I say to myself "Ah..still there." Then I walk up to it and say "Yup, the seats too..."

It's only a matter of time IMO. It's truly sad.

Steve

TrippZ
01-03-2003, 11:02 AM
Damn man that sucks. There's a car theif around our neighborhood too. He/she/they tried to break into my friends Integra who lives about 10 doors down. Good thing I have a garage, and an alarm, and lowjack, and locks on every door into the garage.... :D I can be protective too.

Speaking of shaving door handles, how does that work? how would you open the door(s)?

Brettnyt
01-03-2003, 11:08 AM
Im no expert, but from what I have heard it involves removing the handle from the door, installing a motor that is functional by remote, filling the remaining hole, lots of sanding, then painting over it all. Its almost exactly like a remote trunk release...

ssvr6
01-03-2003, 11:14 AM
Basically yes. You have solenoids that open the door. Just hope you don't lose the remote or that your remote battery dies.

Steve

IceD out N CALI
01-03-2003, 11:26 AM
sorry to hear about that, i'd be pissed as hell if that happened to me

Brettnyt
01-03-2003, 12:08 PM
Dont the kits normally come with a safety feature to prevent that?

rice_eater GT
01-03-2003, 05:45 PM
I'm sorry to say this but practically all Hondas can be broken into using a large screw driver and a coat hanger. I have opened many a honda, nissan, and toyota doors using those tools. But I'm NOT a car thief. I opened doors for family/friends that locked the keys in the car.

ortedd
01-04-2003, 09:30 AM
I am not sure how many of you know this, but i saw this fact on a tv show a while back. More cars are stolen in cali then in the other 49 states combined.

StrangeShadow
01-04-2003, 09:38 AM
sucks dude, I worry about that every time I get up in the moring, and flipp when a car turns down too many same streets as me, just shows m how much i need to fix my garage door.

jo3y
01-04-2003, 02:03 PM
most of the shaved handle\lock jobs ive seen around here have some sort of emergeny wire hanging down underneath the car so if the worst does happen they can pull on this wire and disengage the selonoid and lets the door open

ep pilot
01-04-2003, 03:09 PM
I am sorry to hear the bad news. If you take it to a good shop they should prime and block the door where the damage is, if in fact it is 2" in diameter, I would reccomend replacing the door shell, then executing a two-way blend so the color match is perfect. basically blend the 1/4 panel and front fender assy. you must R&I the repeater, front headlamps, fender liner and windshield reveal moldings. also the doors will need to have the interior trim panel removed also the drip molding and w/strip dito to the 1/4 remove the rear 1/4 windows for o-spray, tailamps and mud guard, also both front and rear bumpers should be removed or loosend to prevent o-spray. expect an est of about $2200

-Ryan

MiniMiniVan
01-04-2003, 03:37 PM
My 2000 civic lx was broken into the first month I moved to Austin. The "Job-less Fucker" stole my stereo, amp, woofer, parts case for work, 2 postage meters, and a scale.(probably so they can weigh there lousey chalk laced half of a half of an ounce of CRACK! Good thing my company didnt make me pay for it.(those meters are like $3000.00 a piece) Now I have my SI and I swear to everything holly I will kill and eat anyone who fucks with it!!!!!........Ok I dont eat people, thats sick! :angel:
Taters!

golferjn
01-04-2003, 09:50 PM
that sucks man. hope everything works out for you.