PDA

View Full Version : Oxygen Sensor Clips STUCK?!

whatsvtec
11-24-2011, 12:25 PM
I've been trying to get these things un-clipped for so long I've lost track of time. I tried before when putting my Test-Pipe and Header on. Now that I have a type-s header/cat going on, I need to put on rsx-s length o2 sensors OR get extensions. Either way, I need to get these clips out. I've tried a flat head screwdriver pushing the clip while pulling on the plug I've tried to use light strength channel locks to help get a good grip on the clip. Nothing has worked so far.

Any tips? I'd really appreciate any help or insight on the issue. I know it's probably a stupid mistake I'm making, but IDK where else to turn. :mfrown:

BTW. HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Go eat some turkey, enjoy your families and have a grand ol' time.

t-rex
07-11-2012, 01:00 AM
If someone knows the answer to this, I'd greatly appreciate it. When trying to replace the primary oxygen sensor earlier, I got the sensor out fine, but for the life of me, I could not get that clip out...even after trying with pliers. :mconfused:

mitchlikesbikes
07-11-2012, 01:06 AM
maybe try some pb blaster and heat the clip up so the plastic expands and is flexible?

Ba82Ep3
07-11-2012, 03:17 AM
Use a flatblade screwdriver and insert it where the two plugs come together. Press the clip and gently twist the screwdriver and it will separate the two quite easily...

preludeh22vtec
07-11-2012, 08:38 AM
Use a flatblade screwdriver and insert it where the two plugs come together. Press the clip and gently twist the screwdriver and it will separate the two quite easily...

This is what I had to do. It took a good bit of prying though, the car spent a little time up north.

t-rex
07-13-2012, 03:04 PM
Thanks a lot, everyone. I got it. New one took care of the CEL, thank goodness.