PDA

View Full Version : leaking coolant

gamma6
11-25-2011, 10:59 PM
So last night as im getting home i noticed my car overheating with cel on, so i turn on my heater full blast and temps go down and cel turns off... i check it out this morning and when i checked my coolant levels it was low, i topped it off a couple of weeks ago... so i fill it up again and noticed it leaking again when i test drove it and had the same heat and cel problems... so now idk what to check first? I know try to find the source of the leak but since it rained everything was wet... any suggestions?

BeaterEP
11-25-2011, 11:57 PM
If you're losing coolant that quickly, I'd check one of the two main hoses first: upper and lower radiator hoses.

AKEP
11-26-2011, 02:17 AM
If you're losing coolant that quickly, I'd check one of the two main hoses first: upper and lower radiator hoses.

yeah you're going to have to probably look for pinholes that the coolant is seeping out of. it wont leave a puddle, it just evaporates after it bubbles out of the hole. my EF did the same thing a while back.

gamma6
11-26-2011, 12:35 PM
I forgot to mention its on the passengers side where all the leaking happens( or if ur facing the car the laft side) but ill check that stuff out

bluelightingsi
11-27-2011, 06:57 PM
Same place as mine i think its my reservoir because its been rubbin up on the pulley

Ba82Ep3
11-27-2011, 08:19 PM
There's a weep hole on the water pump. Look up at the pump from under the car. If its leaking you will see coolant dripping from it. If this is the case its time for a new one.

gamma6
11-27-2011, 09:28 PM
Ok ill check out the pump but, i noticed water on my front bumper and put my ear next to the grill and heard a hissing noise... also got a flashlight and noticed bubling water near the top corner(facing car, top left) of the condensor... imma try to switch out the rad and hoses this week and see what happens

gamma6
11-27-2011, 09:34 PM
Ok ill check out the pump but, i noticed water on my front bumper and put my ear next to the grill and heard a hissing noise... also got a flashlight and noticed bubling water near the top corner(facing car, top left) of the condensor... imma try to switch out the rad and hoses this week and see what happens

RHCP0801
11-27-2011, 10:17 PM
you radiator has a hole in it, time to replace it