PDA

View Full Version : Mcgard Intimidator seat bolt kit.........

todaCspec
01-03-2003, 09:20 AM
Saw this on the S2000 forum, alot of owners were having their seats stolen. this has happened to alot of ITR owners as well and our seats are no different. they can be in great demand, we need to protect our investment.

These were made by Mcgard, but not offered in their line up to the public. It was a group buy created by a fellow member on the S2000 forum, he had to buy in bulk( about 50 sets). In order for Mcgard to make the final product.

Just wondering how many here would be interested in this product? If we have enough people, we can have them make it for us as well.

Prices are as follows:

MCGARD INTIMIDATOR BOLTS AND BIT SET
WITH 3/8 IN. DRIVE SOCKET = $55

MCGARD INTIMIDATOR BOLTS AND BIT SET
WITH 3/8 IN. DRIVE SOCKET
AND CRAFTSMAN 1/4 TO 3/8 INCH ADAPTER = $60
(For using 1/4 inch drive ratchet/torque wrench)

EXTRA MCGARD INTIMIDATOR BIT
WITH 3/8 INCH DRIVE SOCKET = $35

EXTRA MCGARD INTIMIDATOR BOLTS
PACK OF FOUR = $20

ssvr6
01-03-2003, 09:25 AM
I'm VERY interested!

Steve

bmx269
01-03-2003, 09:29 AM
Funny thing is that your insurance should cover your seats. I would check your policy.

02blksi
01-03-2003, 09:41 AM
Im in!!!

intrested in setting up some sort of groupbuy possibly? let me know, i d really like to get a set soon. -Joe:)

Suk02Si
01-03-2003, 10:14 AM
I'm also interested. Hope we eventually have enough people so they can be made.

Brettnyt
01-03-2003, 11:11 AM
If some asshole stole my seats I would collect on insurance and pick myself up some Sparco Evo's... Then again, how much would insurance cover? The seats are sellin for like 600 a piece on ebay and other places.... I just might be in...

todaCspec
01-03-2003, 11:28 AM
another pic!

todaCspec
01-03-2003, 11:31 AM
comparison:

zensuit
01-03-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Brettnyt
If some asshole stole my seats I would collect on insurance and pick myself up some Sparco Evo's... Then again, how much would insurance cover? The seats are sellin for like 600 a piece on ebay and other places.... I just might be in...

OUR seats, from EPs, sell for 600 on ebay? they are good seats, but what the hey?

Z

Brettnyt
01-03-2003, 12:07 PM
Im not positive about that, but i remember hearing someone say somethin like that b4...

IceD out N CALI
01-03-2003, 02:12 PM
very interesting...

SouthHonda
01-03-2003, 03:08 PM
I just went through the system and added all the parts to replace the seats. At retail they would cost $981.73 (drivers) 865.64 (pass). That would easily pay for some Milano's or Torino's from Sparco. Hell for a few hundred beans more you could have a set of Bride seats!! That would be extra sweet!!
As for the seat locks you could probably find a suitable bolt at a hardware store with an allen head or torx head that would be a lot cheaper than 60 bucks. Plus I have had plenty of McGaurd wheel locks strip out on me in the past.

Scott

Brettnyt
01-03-2003, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the info SouthHonda. I would love to get my hands on some of the evo's :D I love those seats.... I know, this is a total dumbass question, but how do we attatch a 4 point harness w/o a roll cage? and SouthHonda, are those costs w/ or w/o side airbags?

Thanks
Brett

Jpax
01-03-2003, 08:42 PM
and people try to compare other seat manufactures to our seats.

There not being stolen like ours are. We got the Hot stuff. they got old broken stuff.

New hotness = 2002 Si seats

Old busted shit............ 20002 dodge neon seats.

SouthHonda
01-03-2003, 08:43 PM
that is w/o side airbags. What I have seen in the past is to attach the side straps to the stock seat belt bolt holes and the rear straps either go to the rear seat bolts or the bolt behind the rear seat bottom that holds the rear seat back in place...or any bolt you can find behind the rear seat back. Just make sure it is secure!!
Does anyone have pics of harnesses installed?? How do they look and feel coming through the single hole in the headrest??

Scott

Its Just Money in the Ghetto.....
sorry its old school night at my house
Too Short Rules!!

ssvr6
01-03-2003, 10:20 PM
I thought that those belts were not secure and, in an accident, can cause more harm than good.

(Like installing a roll cage in a daily driver.)

Steve

todaCspec
01-04-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by bmx269
Funny thing is that your insurance should cover your seats. I would check your policy.

yes, but you would still have to pay your $500-$1000 dollar deductible, depending on your policy.

ssvr6
01-04-2003, 09:23 PM
That and a hike in your insurance costs and the risk of being dropped.

Steve

todaCspec
01-04-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by SouthHonda
I just went through the system and added all the parts to replace the seats. At retail they would cost $981.73 (drivers) 865.64 (pass). That would easily pay for some Milano's or Torino's from Sparco. Hell for a few hundred beans more you could have a set of Bride seats!! That would be extra sweet!!
As for the seat locks you could probably find a suitable bolt at a hardware store with an allen head or torx head that would be a lot cheaper than 60 bucks. Plus I have had plenty of McGaurd wheel locks strip out on me in the past.

Scott

If insurance would cover for the seats, then you would replace w/aftermarket seats, but you would have to pay for the $500+ deductible first. our seats attract low budget, ghetto, street thugs who prey on modified and stock Honda's for recyclable parts. Add in some Sparco/Recaro/Bride, you got the High end professional thieves moving in.

You can never match up perfectly screws/bolts/nuts to factory parts from a hardware store. Allen head/torx will still be universal. Home Depot is 24hrs, probably where most thugs hang out at, during late night projects!

Yes, the older McGaurd wheel locks did strip out because people would overtighten the wheel locks w/air tools. They now offer inverted wheel locks. Same can happen w/Volk/Spoon/Kynugen lug nuts, that's why they say to do by hand and give torque specs. In bold print, says "never use air tools to tighten".

BarracksSi
01-05-2003, 01:06 PM
Very interesting -- let us know if it goes forward.

02blksi
01-05-2003, 01:53 PM
"I thought that those belts were not secure and, in an accident, can cause more harm than good.

(Like installing a roll cage in a daily driver.)

Steve"

steve -- i think i got the point of what you are saying, but installing a roll cage in a daily driver is NOT a bad idea at all, (kinda overkill but whatever) ... I think what you kinda meant to say was " like wearing a 4point or 5 point harness in a roll over crash without a roll cage" instead of being able to crouch forward or lean to one side in the event of a rollover, you'd be held in the upright position, and without a cage to prevent the roof from caving in well, yea you get the picture. Just wanted to clear some stuff up.. -:) -- Joe

BTW: any update on these bolts??? i really want a set.

lewjay
01-05-2003, 02:16 PM
$60 is a little steep. Besides, it may prevent theft, BUT it won't prevent a pissed off thief from ripping the seats to threads with a screwdriver or knife.

Anyway, a thief will most likely steal the entire car and strip it at another location than spend the time taking the seats out at the spot. That just seems like common sense to me.

I'd put the $60 into an aftermarket security system.

Beachya
01-05-2003, 06:40 PM
Just talked to Bro-in-law, he works for a honda dealership...they just had three ep's broken into...guess what was stolen (you guessed it) all front seats plus steering wheels... gone. :eek:

ssvr6
03-06-2003, 12:03 PM
Any update on this?

Steve

SiR Medic
03-06-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by PaXiE

New hotness = 2002 Si seats

Old busted shit............ 20002 dodge neon seats.

:eek: WOW!

Good to know that even 18,000 years from now, Neons will STILL SUCK!

;) :D

iR-VTEC2
03-06-2003, 01:23 PM
I would be interested in this as well. PLease let us know!

SOUTHPAW
03-06-2003, 07:31 PM
I'm also VERY VERY VERY VERY interested!

Mugen_EP
03-06-2003, 07:35 PM
This seems like a good investment. If this goes through count me in!;)

asolo
03-06-2003, 10:02 PM
I'm in, just tell me where to send the check. :confused:

EPHatchgirl
03-07-2003, 06:17 AM
Are we still lookin into this? I would be in.

alex_mathews
03-07-2003, 06:43 AM
I'd be interested.

todaCspec
03-07-2003, 07:27 AM
Hello all,

I was able to get this done before but a lack of interest from fellow EP owners before made me drop the project. No sense in me putting the money upfront for a no seller. It seems like alot of more of you are interested now(maybe theft of seats are a reality that's coming to a town near you, j/k), so let me talk to my source and see what they say. I should have an response by Thursday.

thanks for your interest,
TODA.....

chunky
03-07-2003, 08:26 PM
55 is a bit steep for what, two bolts?

maybe 35$ and I'd consider it - you can buy a full set of mcgard spline drive lugs for 65 bucks shipped, that's 16 bolts instead of two.

if it was 35$ or 40$ i'd be in for sure - but 55$ makes it dependent on how much $$$ i've got availible at the time.

Jpax
03-08-2003, 12:59 PM
any links to buy thesse yet?

redronin22
07-11-2004, 12:06 PM
back from the dead... any updates on seat locks?