PDA

View Full Version : broke my clock spring!!!

its a ivtec
11-27-2011, 07:55 AM
Last night i was swappin out my steering wheel ..as i pulled on the wheel the clockspring came with it and broke the wire..seen sum on ebay real cheap..was wonderin if ones out of a 01 02 civic would work in the ep..in the pics on ebay they look exaxtly alike
.anyone have any input???

whatsvtec
11-27-2011, 08:21 AM
Last night i was swappin out my steering wheel ..as i pulled on the wheel the clockspring came with it and broke the wire..seen sum on ebay real cheap..was wonderin if ones out of a 01 02 civic would work in the ep..in the pics on ebay they look exaxtly alike
.anyone have any input???

I believe someone on here (pooptooth) has a steering wheel set-up for sale cheap.

usedep3
11-28-2011, 04:22 PM
i replaced mine with an rsx one and my cruise control stopped working. horn, and airbag still work. i should probably replace the srs reel again lol

its a ivtec
11-28-2011, 08:02 PM
Well i jus need the clockspring..was gunna order one off ebay ..but i may wait it out to see if anyone is sellin one seperate.. any harm in not using it ??? I mean besides the airbag horn or cruise not working ...

usedep3
11-28-2011, 08:30 PM
that's pretty much what its for. people who replace their oem wheels with aftermarket will remove the srs reel altogether.