PDA

View Full Version : UKDM type R dash gauge question

HFPcivicSI
11-29-2011, 09:36 AM
Does anyone know if I can order just the plastic bubble shroud that goes over the dash cluster gauges? (Its the clear "plexiglass"). I bought a set of UKDM type R gauges from Tegiwa on ebay (stay AWAY from them...ill tell why in a moment).

I *could* use a USA spec one in place of it, but it will have a hole on the left hand side (where we can adjust our bright/dim gauge setting). I dont want to do that as dust and dirt could get in there, and then be a bitch to get out once mounted.

I bought the gauge off ebay, and got it at a fair price. It arrives, and the damn plastic "plexiglass" portion is CRACKED. they shipped this cluster to me in a damn "shipping bag" with ONE layer of bubble wrap. Now the facing of the plastic clear lex glass is scratched, and cracked with a 3 inch line going down the center. I emailed them and said why the hell did you not put it in a shipping BOX?????

I emailed the pictures to tegiwa, and they gave me the money back for the auction, but I am still out the $40 for shipping with the Royal Air postage.

I want to be able to use this cluster set up, but I am not putting something in my car that is cracked, and not usable.

Any options out there? Is it possible to order just the "plastic lex glass" ? I am sure either the JDM or UKDM plastic lex covers would fit, it just needs to have only one "hole" in the face of the gauge where you press the button to cycle through your odometer options, and not two like our US spec dash clusters.

Any help?

Thanks,

Kerby
11-29-2011, 09:42 AM
you go on lings.com?

HFPcivicSI
11-29-2011, 09:59 AM
you go on lings.com?

No, I just went on, but I kinda have no idea what part # im looking for :( Ill keep looking around there.

HFPcivicSI
11-29-2011, 01:50 PM
you go on lings.com?

Yo Kerb, think I found what I needed from them. It looks like they call it a meter cover. Thanks for the direction on this. Looks like I still might be able to do the UKDM dash conversion. And I would rather have perfect display than a "used" one like I got anyways, so this might of all been for the best.

ImportCustomx
11-29-2011, 02:21 PM
moved to interior

Kerby
11-29-2011, 03:10 PM
Unlike usa honda dealers, lings does answer their emails. They'll get back to you in two days and with shipping cost right to your door.

nitrious
11-29-2011, 07:37 PM
SOLUTION!!!!

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/Iceman210/520.jpg

I had the same exsact problem.. i just fixed it this weekend.. check it out.. sry i didn't do a diy on it.. didn't think anyone would need it but this is the fix/resolution to broken plasic type r guages.. notice the adjustment knob dim the gauges

Jo7man4
11-29-2011, 08:37 PM
SOLUTION!!!!

I had the same exsact problem.. i just fixed it this weekend.. check it out.. sry i didn't do a diy on it.. didn't think anyone would need it but this is the fix/resolution to broken plasic type r guages.. notice the adjustment knob dim the gauges

LAWLS I get it......:shady:

Jo7man4
11-29-2011, 08:39 PM
SOLUTION!!!!

LAWLS I get it......:shady:

HFPcivicSI
12-01-2011, 11:25 AM
What exactly did you do? Sorry about the horrible pic, but this is what im working with with the crack down the fuel portion :
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll255/exceed19/Android%20Pix/IMG_20111128_140008.jpg

HFPcivicSI
12-01-2011, 11:32 AM
Oh yeah, so does your dimmer knob work with your type R setup? I would imagine it doesnt, and its a "blank" which I am OK with. Just checking to see exactly what you did here. Thanks

nitrious
12-01-2011, 10:38 PM
Oh yeah, so does your dimmer knob work with your type R setup? I would imagine it doesnt, and its a "blank" which I am OK with. Just checking to see exactly what you did here. Thanks

I'll pm u..
but to keep the thread alive i took apart my stock cluster and used the black outter lay and the plasitc plexi glass on the type r.. i tired to retain the dimmer knob but it would require too much messing around with the board.. and i didn't want to take a chance.. so its just a dummy knob.. and i wired it to make the climate controls work with it aswell.. also i'm about to wire the outside temp sensor to the gauges as soon as it comes in.. type r ftw!!

HFPcivicSI
12-06-2011, 07:56 PM
I'll pm u..
but to keep the thread alive i took apart my stock cluster and used the black outter lay and the plasitc plexi glass on the type r.. i tired to retain the dimmer knob but it would require too much messing around with the board.. and i didn't want to take a chance.. so its just a dummy knob.. and i wired it to make the climate controls work with it aswell.. also i'm about to wire the outside temp sensor to the gauges as soon as it comes in.. type r ftw!!

Bump dude :) I didnt hear from ya yet. Let me know when you get a chance how you kinda did this a little more if you dont mind. Thanks!