PDA

View Full Version : Weird behaviour -- Possibly Immobilizer failing or Compustar System

LeeStrange
12-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Lately while driving, my EP3 will just cut out, literally for a split second.
The engine will drop to 0 RPM's, radio will die, but will then turn back on right away and continue driving as normal.
It reminds me of when you start your car with a starter, and begin to drive it before putting the key in (where it will die right away).

The fact that the radio is dying too makes me think its more of an electrical problem to do with the Immobilizer and/or Compustar system, rather than an electrical problem in the engine, or general engine problem.

Any ideas? Don't know whether to take the car to Honda or Futureshop at this point.

Has this happened to anybody else before?

apexracing
12-04-2011, 09:23 PM
check the ground wire on the front clip under the bumper. Causes all those issues and more.

LeeStrange
12-05-2011, 12:59 PM
check the ground wire on the front clip under the bumper. Causes all those issues and more.

What side of the car is this on? And where exactly is it under the bumper?

The problem seems to have gone away for the time being, which is even more frustrating because I don't know what caused it...

apexracing
12-06-2011, 10:30 AM
Its just inside the front core support, i dont remember which side, i checked mine when i swapped my headlights.

LeeStrange
01-11-2012, 08:20 AM
Rats, car is acting up again. Mechanic wants me to leave it for "a few days"... as electrical problems take forever to diagnose.