PDA

View Full Version : Custom WRX Turbo Setup?

EP3Lov3
12-05-2011, 09:23 PM
A buddy of mine is upgrading his turbo on his 08 WRX, it has about 32K miles on it and he gave me a price on the wrx turbo that is un-beatable. Would I be able to do anything with it as far as using it for a custom setup? Also a simple list of what would be the best for the custom setup. My ep3 is my daily and I want to keep it still reliable, and no more than 250-300HP. Would I be able to achieve these numbers and still be reliable?

AKEP
12-06-2011, 01:22 AM
as far as a custom setup, you can do whatever you want. as an easy setup for parts you can buy somewhere? not so much. ctd-fab can probably make you one given he can at least find the manifold flange to make a manifold for you. you would still need someone to make you a downpipe that fits the turbo and figure out a solution to the compressor outlet, because i think its a bolted compressor housing. good luck with all that, you're not really doing yourself a favor, you're still going to invest a lot of money into building a whole turbo kit. your call really.

ginger
12-21-2011, 10:43 AM
its a good idea, altho the wrx turbo is small for a honda motor, you would have amazing torque. the flanges and down pipe would not be a problem at all for vince, ill talk to him today, we are working on my car today, final prep before tune.