PDA

View Full Version : c.e.l. help!!

ep3030
12-08-2011, 03:22 PM
ok, so i took my car to smog yesterday and i failed because as soon as the tech hooked up the obd2 reader to the car the c.e.l. poped up...the codes that the car gave were random misfires in all 4 cyl. i took the car home, noticed i had oil in the spark plug tubes so i got a new valve cover gasket and plugs. i cleaned the plug tubes, and put the new gasket in and it still says it misfires. i took it back to the tech, had him reset the ecu codes, drove it around by the time i got back to the shop to smog it the c.e.l. came back. i just bought hasport mounts, new clutch/flywheel, plus had other odds and ends tied up and pretty much just spent $1500 in a week, so needless to say i cant afford to take it to honda. the obd2 scanner we used was a snap-on verus. the tool read all sensors and said all are fine, injecters are within specs, cam sensor ok, brand new ngk plugs. im stumpped! please help honda gods

T_Virus
12-11-2011, 03:06 PM
Back when I had random misfires, I changed/swapped the spark plugs, swapped the coils, compression test, threw my older spark plugs in and none of it fixed it...Then I took it to the shop and all they did a valve adjustment and everything worked. the cel never came on again.