PDA

View Full Version : Comptech IceBox for 02-03 Si Coming

swatman
01-03-2003, 06:02 PM
FYI, I called Comptech today asking about the IceBox for our EP3. The Comptech guy on the phone said the intake is in production now, and will be ready for order in middle of February. I asked about pricing, he told me to check the web site in a few weeks.

This is good news for those of you holding out for the IceBox. Since my Black Si is still being broken in at 500 miles, I can wait to see what the IceBox can do before choosing an Intake for my car.

Does anyone have experience with the IceBox on older cars? Is the IceBox a kicked ass intake worthy of the $300+ price tag?

JSIR
01-03-2003, 06:06 PM
they are great intakes, best one that I have ever used, I would say it will be in the $250 US price range as they may re-use the stock rubber intake hose, and just supply the box and filter. Look forward to it coming out, wish they could tell us what gains it is worth. If my home made ice box flops next time I put it on the dyno, I am definitely getting the Comptech unit.

Joey

myeverlovinsir
01-03-2003, 06:26 PM
I guess if my ride makes it thru this winter I will not be considering the comptech, first dibs went to AEM. But I also would be interested in the performance of the Icebox.

CleanBlackSi02
01-03-2003, 08:24 PM
Totally worth it. I'll be ditching my CAI for one eventually...

IceD out N CALI
01-04-2003, 01:48 AM
good news, the icebox is the intake of choice for me:)

smokincivic
01-04-2003, 12:49 PM
Defintely going with the Ice Box, I hate the constant worry of this damn AEM, and dyno results show that if you go the route of a bypass valve your HP gains are cut by 75%, that's just my personal syno experience

silver ep
01-16-2003, 11:29 AM
We are just now doing the final test fit with the fabricated box and the engineer is finalizing the CAD drawings for making the molding equipment. So things are progressing.
This is quoted from Mike B at Comptech on 1/15/03, excellent news! ;)

IceD out N CALI
01-16-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by silver ep

This is quoted from Mike B at Comptech on 1/15/03, excellent news! ;)

sweet:cool: