PDA

View Full Version : Easiest way for always on/blinking sidemarker. 02-03

cronicEP
12-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Easiest way to do it. This will make the side markers stay on and blink. They will not blink in unison with your head light blinker. Your side marker will blink, then your headlight will blink.

There are other methods but this is by far the easiest way to do it. Go to Autozone and buy audio wire (to extend the OEM wire).

Pop your hood.

Remove your sidemarkers and cut the negative wire (black). Strip the wire so that the metal is showing on the black wire still attached to the side marker. Tape off the black wire that you just cut still connected to the car, you won't need it.

Stip the audio wire and run it together with the wire you exposed on the negative black wire attached to the sidemarker. Tape it off so that there are no wires showing.

Tuck the new wire into the sidemarker slot and run the new audio wire through the fender to the engine bay by removing the plastic OEM fender bolts that hold the plastic trim above the wheel. Stick your hand under the plastic fender and feed the new wire to your hand. Pull it through to the engine bay.

Remove your day-time running lights (the small bulb that always stays on and does not blink). Strip the positive wire (red) so that the metal is showing. Do NOT cut the red wire!

Strip the other side of the new audio wire connected to your sidemarker. Fuse this side to the red exposed wire and tape over with elictrical tape, don't forget to do both sides, and BOOM JDM sexay.

Will probably work with 04-05 but I don't own a 04-05 so it's beyond me.

Pics and possibly vid to come. If you need help LMK.

Silvercard
12-11-2011, 04:54 PM
Thanks man! gonna give it a try later this week.

cronicEP
12-12-2011, 04:11 PM
Thanks man! gonna give it a try later this week.

sounds good...lmk how it went

jerrymouas
12-12-2011, 05:16 PM
i just rewire mine agin. i kind of like it now

doubledouble
12-12-2011, 06:00 PM
I'd do this when we can get an easy way to have sidemarker and headlight blink in unison,

cronicEP
12-13-2011, 03:45 PM
I'd do this when we can get an easy way to have sidemarker and headlight blink in unison,

My cousin did that, the guy who posted above you...

it's complicated though. you have to use two bulbs in the sidemarker.

One that is spliced with the day running lights, and one that is spliced with the signal. I looked at his wiring and said, NO, i'll do it the easy way. It's possilbe though...