PDA

View Full Version : Just Moved to New York need cheap inshurance. Your input needed

mixedupneko
01-03-2003, 06:12 PM
Hey whatsup guys I just moved to Flushing Queens New York and will be gettin inshurance down here i was wondering what inshurance companys are the cheapest. And also how much are you paying in NY with your si ?

neko

natesi
01-04-2003, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by mixedupneko
Hey whatsup guys I just moved to Flushing Queens New York and will be gettin inshurance down here i was wondering what inshurance companys are the cheapest. And also how much are you paying in NY with your si ?

neko

You might try American Express; that's who I have. there was a thread about insurance and a lot of people posted what they pay. You may want to look for that.

labelhunter
01-04-2003, 09:02 AM
Dude im in new york on long island. I pay 4600 a year. i have one big accident thats why. but i would try progressive they are cheap and plus if they cant give you the cheapest they will tell you 3 others. im 22 years old so thats why i pay so much but if i didnit have my accident it would be like 2600 a year. hope this helps

Prime Si
01-04-2003, 09:58 AM
Do not, i repeat, DO NOT use progressive!!!! I went through them on my 98 vsm hatch. after a girl pulled in front of me and wrecked my car, progressive totalled out the car. it took almost 2 months to get my check! I ended up going 2 months with no car, still making payments on a car they had totalled out. every time i tried to talk to a living human being about the situation, i had to leave a voice mail and wait 3 days for someone to call back. every single time! i live in a no-fault state, so the girl's insurance covers only my deductible. progressive wouldn't even tell me how to get her insurance to cover my deductible-they didn't even seem to give a care about it. all in all it was just a horrible experience, they may be cheap, but in the end, to an extent, you get what you pay for. I can't even tell you how much i hate progressive.

sorry for the rant.:mad:
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/9b741f29/bc/my+ek++r.i.p./scan0011.jpg?bclcxF.A3XtEotJU http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/9b741f29/bc/my+ek++r.i.p./scan0008.jpg?bcNdxF.AZ68cHtSb

r3p00c
01-04-2003, 09:48 PM
my thoughts on progressive... i'm currently with them, and i don't really have anything (major) to complain about. a few months ago before i got my ep, my old 93 ex coupe got broken into... they shattered my drivers side window, stole my head unit, amp, subs, and box, and even sliced off all my monster cable wiring (those bastards!!! :mad: ) . I called progressive right after i found out that it had happened, and they had representatives at the parking lot at my work within four hours. I was pretty disappointed by the fact that they wouldn't cover my box, subs, and amp because it wasn't bolted down to the frame, but they did cover my window, head unit, and monster cable wiring and gave me a check for the damages on the spot.

the main reason i'm not really pissed off about them not covering my junk in the trunk is that I *should* have had a security system... my car was very succeptable (sp?) to break-ins, and i didn't realize it until after it actually happened. but progressive was very prompt and proffesional with the situation, and i had my drivers side window replaced by the next day. JMO... :)

natesi
01-04-2003, 10:51 PM
Damn, reading this stuff really makes my blood boil...

How low can people get?

SerbiaSi
01-05-2003, 02:18 AM
Manhattan - $2000/Year - Full Coverage - 500 deductible - 28 years of age -GEICO

mixedupneko
01-05-2003, 05:48 PM
thanks alot for the info guys also if you intersted im having a meetin in new jersey on january 19th pm me if you want more info

Silvershadow
01-06-2003, 01:04 AM
LabelHunter's point was that u 1/2 3 other companies u can check on.My tip about GEICO is there good,BUT make sure u don't have any tickets even in other states GEICO checks.GEICO also buys radar guns for small towns to use and if they ever send u a Questionaire and ask "if you 1/2 a radar detector? ".Say No or you'll be out of GEICO insurance!They drop u like Anthrax.