PDA

View Full Version : Emissions HELP!

Kerby
12-13-2011, 05:49 AM
Just got a letter in the mail from the wonderful Connecticut DMV :mtongue: stating I have to go to emission testing. I have a k24a2 swap with the PNF ecu and have kpro.

The last time i went to get the emissions test done their computer did not read the ECU.

After searching, I know now that I have to set the "readiness" command.
My CEL has given some codes and I've fixed all my issues. My only concern is that after i fixed it I didn't clear them. I have a feeling their gonna show up and Im afraid they wont pass me even though its been like 8months since i've fixed all the problems and no CEL has popped up.

My research has also told me that by simply doing the "Clear DTC" command it also automatically sets the "rediness" OFF and makes them Incomplete. So:

1.) If I first clear all DTC and then hit the "rediness" command, will the computer indicate everything is complete and let me pass?

2.) Should i first clear DTC and set "readiness" at home then drive, or should I do all that stuff right before I actually get tested in the shop's parking lot?

superchargedk20
12-13-2011, 08:29 PM
Do u have a mechanic freind u can go to that has an ob2 scanner?... Go there clear ur dtc and set readiness. And make sure that ob2 is also turned on in kpro. I only had to do it once 2 years ago and I passed. I'm due early next year, and I went to my mechanic and hooked it up to his scanner and everything came back perfect still

Kerby
12-14-2011, 06:53 AM
can you send me his contact info so I can take care of this? I gotta do this hopefully this week.