PDA

View Full Version : Questions on DIY Alignment (Toe)

sippyyy
12-13-2011, 06:51 PM
I'm looking to adjust my toe using the DIY method, strings on jack stands at front and rear wheel. What I can't find info on is the tracking specs on our car. (Is the distance between each front tire the same as the distance between each rear tire?) If anyone has experience doing this or knows that info, LMK!

sippyyy
12-13-2011, 07:13 PM
Welp, found the spec I was looking for.

Both front and rear are 57.9in apart.

PatrickJamesYu
12-13-2011, 07:32 PM
Is this from face of hub?
Or tire?

Keep in mind that number will change with aftermarket wheels and tires.

sippyyy
12-13-2011, 07:48 PM
Is this from face of hub?
Or tire?

Keep in mind that number will change with aftermarket wheels and tires.

I'm not sure where it's measured from, but using the string-along-side-the-car method and then measuring how far the front and back of the front wheel are from the string, you need to know if the tracking lengths are different because the angle would create uneven distances. If they're the same then it doesn't matter.

PatrickJamesYu
12-13-2011, 07:56 PM
I'm not sure where it's measured from, but using the string-along-side-the-car method and then measuring how far the front and back of the front wheel are from the string, you need to know if the tracking lengths are different because the angle would create uneven distances. If they're the same then it doesn't matter.

Makes sense
But yeah, I believe our car's are 'square'
Unlike many staggered fitted cars.
I tried this method on a sc300, but I was a bit less prepared for the staggered fit

sippyyy
12-13-2011, 07:58 PM
yeah you just gotta do some math I haven't done since 10th grade to compensate haha