PDA

View Full Version : Help need opinions !!!ep3 problem sell or not sell

gizmo ep3
12-14-2011, 03:01 AM
The story is that my 2002 taffeta white ep3 is salvage title. I had the car for 4 years and only has around 80k miles on it runs strong. I love the car and do not want to get rid of it but need a car asap. The problem with the car is that after putting a new tranny bracket because old one was broken. Also taking off the existing motor mounts that it had to upgrade them. I was not able to put them back on i have done mounts and never struggled that much . So i took it to my mechanic to let him take care of it . Thing is that as soon as the previous mounts were removed everything shifted. As soon as the tension was off from the old motor mounts. My mechanic knew it was salvage and said the car has frame damage and the subframe is bent from the collision. That's the reason why my mounts are not able to be put on. Because they do not align right to the frame. It can be fixed but do not know anything about frame damage and i do not want to go through the hassle. I Prefer a new CLEAN TITLE shell. I have three choices either sell as is or part out the car or buy a new shell what should i do !!!!! Its basically a rolling shell plz help thanx

ohdamngetit
12-14-2011, 07:33 AM
Did your mechanic say how bad the frame damage is? Also, would replacing the sub frame fix the issue?

gizmo ep3
12-14-2011, 10:00 AM
yea its not only the subframe its the actual front end. Its not that bad but the hassle and i know how much frame work is done and how expensive it is . I will try to post up pics today!

gtolio
12-14-2011, 10:22 AM
yea its not only the subframe its the actual front end. Its not that bad but the hassle and i know how much frame work is done and how expensive it is . I will try to post up pics today!

Frame damage = sell car. For me anyways.

There's a couple things I wouldn't want to mess with on a car, they're just automatic sell/don't buy items: frame damage, rust, severe damage to the rear quarter panels, etc. Stuff that can't be fixed easily or completely.

gizmo ep3
12-15-2011, 01:04 AM
ok good news so my mechanic was finally able to put the mount on so made it drivable again !!yayyy lol so i took it to maaco so they could check it out. Because my mechanic does not really know about body work and wanted to take it to someone that did. So i took it to macco .Since they specialize in collision repair and they said i have to get a new radiator support the whole front piece. Also might have to get a new subframe and does not look major. Of course the parts are not cheap or the labor and i do not have the money for the parts or the labor. So i just decide im going to sell my baby!! To someone who will take good care of it i will post recent pics of the car. To tell me what u think of my car. I have a friend thats already interested in the car ever since i had it and is willing to buy it . But i do not know how much i should sell it to him and want ur guy's honest opinion on what i should price it as!! will post pics of entire car tomorrow

apexracing
12-18-2011, 08:41 PM
Weak sauce fix the damn thing. There is maybe 400$ of parts there and you could do them your self.

gtolio
12-19-2011, 09:37 AM
Weak sauce fix the damn thing. There is maybe 400$ of parts there and you could do them your self.

MAYBE. That's assuming that there's no other structural damage. I think it's highly unlikely that those items, especially the subframe, got mashed up and didn't make a lot of other damage with it. The subframe is some heavy duty steel. It takes a lot to mess one up.

Regardless, I think you need to have someone go underneath the car with you and show you the actual extent of the damage before you can make an informed decision on whether or not you should sell it.

apexracing
12-22-2011, 06:46 AM
Well check the frame rails and the core support for wrinkles and bends. But if it is truly just the subframe just replace it. And if you do sell be sure to let the new owner what you found. I'd hate to buy a car that was damaged and no one told me.