PDA

View Full Version : What To Replace on Suspension?

StimulisRK
12-14-2011, 08:12 PM
My 03 has been lowered on H&R springs for at LEAST 4 years (the previous owner bought it with the springs in it). I put in new shocks and struts when I got it a few months ago (he still had the OEM's in) and Ingalls trailing arms in the rear and that helped ALOT, but theres still quite a bit of awkward noises here and there.

I really don't know much, but I'm thinking theres alot more I could replace suspension-wise. Could you guys point me in the right direction?

nowhales
12-14-2011, 08:24 PM
energy suspension bushings, em2 sway bars, strut bars, lower underbrace.

MugenReplica
12-14-2011, 08:27 PM
I'm local if you want to get together with whatsvtec and see if we can figure out what it is. In the regional section Dave and I might be free Friday night (just gotta double check with him).

MugenReplica
12-14-2011, 08:28 PM

ES bushings get destroyed up here in LOTS of salt land. I have several pics from TalonXracer after a single winter that show how much the salt destroys them. If he doesn't drive it in the winter, than they would be invaluable to getting rid of the squeaks and suspension rattle.

StimulisRK
12-15-2011, 11:57 AM
I'm local if you want to get together with whatsvtec and see if we can figure out what it is. In the regional section Dave and I might be free Friday night (just gotta double check with him).

Yeah definitely, I remember you mentioning all getting together in my other post, Friday might work

StockTexasEP3
12-19-2011, 04:44 AM
ES bushings get destroyed up here in LOTS of salt land. I have several pics from TalonXracer after a single winter that show how much the salt destroys them. If he doesn't drive it in the winter, than they would be invaluable to getting rid of the squeaks and suspension rattle.
Are there any alternatives to Energy Suspension Bushings? Don't they require constant maintenance? And why does it help with the squeals and rattles, because the oem ones are presumably shot?

makavelibranded
12-19-2011, 10:27 AM

Em2 sway on the front sure, but no not on the rear. Strut bar also on the front not needed do to how stable and how connected it already is up front, & ive known enough people those underbraces dont do crap for how much they are.