PDA

View Full Version : About to go K-PRO, HELP

BHanz34
12-15-2011, 12:28 AM
First like to say I am a total noob when it comes to k-pro. I've just read up about all the benefits and I found a good deal on an ECU.

So I have an '05 Si. Performance parts wise, I have a K&N Short Ram and Megan Racing Catback Exhaust.

Going to get the k-pro ecu from a guy who used to have it on his '02 Si.

What steps do I need to do to install it on mine and have it work with the immobilizers? Take it to the stealership and they program it? Cost of that?

After that, tuning. Does it comes with basic maps on it already? And where can I find maps or whatever that are already set up for my bolt ons? I am not looking for huge power gains. I travel a ton of highway so looking for good gas mileage too. But I would like to have multiple maps that I can switch back and forth from I guess. I am normally good at figuring these things out after I get some guidance. I just really don't want to fuck up my car or anything like that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for being so dumb and new to this.

Thanks

heyvortek
12-15-2011, 12:45 AM
its all plug and play. just three 10mm bolts and plug in the new ecu. u have to download kmanager. it has base maps on it. turn the car but you dont have to start it. plug in your laptop. click new calibration and pick the base map you want. then click upload and wait for it to load. then crank it up and you should be safe.

AKEP
12-15-2011, 04:21 AM
if it doesn't crank after a few tries, try to upload again. should work.

04sidriver
12-15-2011, 05:17 AM
To get it work with the immbolizers in your car, you would have to take you comp with you to the dealership and print this out. http://www.hondata.com/immobilizer.html

its takes about 10-15 min and shoud be no more than $20

BHanz34
12-19-2011, 02:26 PM
Yeah I have it installed and immobilizer is disabled for now. I am currently running the low octane map and haven't had any problems like knocks or anything yet..