PDA

View Full Version : CTR emblem install

SiRman
01-03-2003, 09:37 PM
For anyone who is going to install CTR H badges,

I suggest getting a couple of the special rivets for the front
H from your dealer. That way you can just remove the whole stock
riser plate with emblem intact, and reinstall it at any time.

(I posted this info in the custom parts listing(**edit**appears parts listing forums have been deleted**edit**) , but I figured I'd post it here as well so more people would see it.)

Part#: 90301-ST0-003
disc.: Push Nut 3mm

1 fstr si
01-30-2003, 09:07 PM
sorry buddy but you dont need to go buy something you dont need to waste money on. the fron emblem removes with 2 phillips screws.

ssvr6
01-30-2003, 09:44 PM
Yeah, the CTR emblem goes UNDER the black riser where our current "H" is.

Steve

CleanBlackSi02
01-30-2003, 09:58 PM
Oh lord. :rolleyes:

glw
01-31-2003, 03:19 AM
Hey guys, I think that's what SiRman sayin'. He's talking about those little circular clips that slip on to the CTR emblem posts. Instead of buying new, I just carefiully removed my old clips, reshaped them, and then reused them for mine.

I know... I'm kinda cheap and lazy but it worked for me.

cease
02-02-2003, 07:27 PM
i also removed the small clips, take your time when removing them.

SiRman
02-06-2003, 01:54 AM
Hey guys, I think that's what SiRman sayin'. He's talking about those little circular clips that slip on to the CTR emblem posts. Instead of buying new, I just carefiully removed my old clips, reshaped them, and then reused them for mine.

Yeah exactly, only instead of the risk of breaking either the tabs
on the stock H or the rivets themselves. I was only suggesting
the use of new rivets and providing the part number for those interested.

I wasted no pennies on them, as I got them free when my dealer installed the emblems for me.

civic hatch boi
02-06-2003, 11:17 AM
sirman, wut the heck are you talking about?? u're not supposed to remove the silver H. u're supposed to move the whole backing. its connected with two screws. keep the silver H on that black junk.

SiRman
02-06-2003, 11:57 AM
You guys are f***ked. Try reading my original post before responding. If you need any further clarification then let me know.

civic hatch boi
02-06-2003, 12:47 PM
i still dont understand your post.. if we wanted to put it back, can't we just screw it back? why do we need rivets and junk?

SiRman
02-06-2003, 01:41 PM
Step 1: Remove platform with stock H emblem attached.
(i.e. remove 2 phillips screws from back of grill)

Step 2: Mount CTR H directly to grill.

Step 3: Here is where the choose your own adventure begins.
You can: A) Use two new rivets to secure the emblem.
Avoiding removing the ones from the stock
one.
B) Remove the rivets from the stock H.
You may get away with removing these to
mount the CTR H. But if you want to switch
back to the stock H platform ( or your CTR H
gets stollen). Your stock riser and H are now
seperated requiring rivets again anyways.

Is this clearer?

ssvr6
02-06-2003, 01:57 PM
Or ...

D) Attach without rivets and be done.

:)

STeve

civic hatch boi
02-06-2003, 02:05 PM
uhhh not really.. why do you need rivets.. the red H comes with 2 pointy things that fit directly into the two holes. match the pointy things up with the holes, and its on, i think ssvr6's way is better. and its the way "normal" people do it. Sir man, ure strange

SiRman
02-06-2003, 02:27 PM
Anyways the original purpose of this post was to provide information to people. Rather then determine wether I was "strange" or "normal".

I'm done with this BS.

-LAW-
03-08-2003, 01:28 PM
where is the 2 screws on the back of the riser? because i cant reach it ? how did u take it off ???

TravisEP3
03-09-2003, 02:29 PM
Law I just did mine today and the easiest way to get to the two phillips head screws on the back of the riser is like this..

1 - Remove 8 Clips by pushing in the blade of a flat screw driver then rotating. Remove press in clip and retainer plastic piece also. 4 hold on the grill and 4 hold the front bumper part at the top.

2 - Pull front bumper forward at top and wedge hand and a stubby phillips screwdriver down.

3 - Unscrew screws that hold black riser plate.

4 - Mount new red "H" emblem in place of black riser plate.

5 - Attach black "clips" back into grill and front bumper

Voila! All set.

;)

-LAW-
03-09-2003, 09:33 PM
thankz Travis EP3 ... i didnt take the riser off ... hehe , i just left it on .. and i think i like it that way .. hehe .. didnt have time to taking off the front bumper ... hehe :D

SiR_d1
05-31-2003, 08:06 PM
what the hell is the riser?