PDA

View Full Version : CTR power folding mirror switch

Jarrett
12-16-2011, 06:24 AM
Does anyone here that has the JDM power folding mirrors have a close-up picture of the switch? Or could you possibly get one? I'd like to see one. Also, does the "mirror" lettering light up? Thanks a lot for the help if anyone can oblige.

EDIT* I finally found one to get the general idea. It looks like it does illuminate "mirror" but I can't see if there's an indicator LED for the folding mirror button.

DA9_GSR
12-17-2011, 08:01 AM
Does anyone here that has the JDM power folding mirrors have a close-up picture of the switch? Or could you possibly get one? I'd like to see one. Also, does the "mirror" lettering light up? Thanks a lot for the help if anyone can oblige.

EDIT* I finally found one to get the general idea. It looks like it does illuminate "mirror" but I can't see if there's an indicator LED for the folding mirror button.

I know that the "MIRROR" lettering lights up orange in color when the headlight switch is turned to the park light or headlight position. There is no other lights on that switch. The power folding button stays in or out depending on switch way you have it.

Cheers,
Ryan

Jarrett
12-17-2011, 11:16 AM
Thank you very much for the response. It's been so difficult merely finding a picture of one online. Now I have to find one for sale. I haven't even seen one that's exorbitantly priced. Would anyone happen to have a lead on one that doesn't include a set of power folding mirrors?

Also, is the relay built into this switch or is this still a set that requires and external relay mounted in the door?

Jarrett
12-17-2011, 11:47 AM
Is this the one that you have in your car? It has amber lettering but I don't see any clue of an indicator bulb in the actual folding mirror button. What I'm looking for is a folding mirror button similar to the heated mirror button on the UKDM Civic Type R. With my limited knowledge on the subject, I can't tell if this is what I'm looking for or if it doesn't exist.

http://www.upjauc.com/cgi-bin/goods_photo/gphoto.cgi?ccd=7391&gcd=7098&style=100317

DA9_GSR
12-18-2011, 06:51 AM
No such thing. Sorry. It's either: UKDM mirror switch with lit up heated switch or, JDM mirror switch with non lit up folding mirror switch.

Jarrett
12-18-2011, 03:15 PM
Rats. Well thank you anyways. You've been a great help.