PDA

View Full Version : need some advice on shocks:/

jayzuz
12-17-2011, 03:43 PM
whats up everyone..i own a 04 ep3 its currently on stock shocks and on adjustable skunk2's...im looking to get new shocks but don't know which to go with...any suggestions? anyone have shocks that there satisfied with and would or would not recommend? any advice is helpful thank you..

AttarixEp
12-17-2011, 05:49 PM
Had good luck with skunk2 springs on Tokico struts.

AKEP
12-18-2011, 03:56 AM
Had good luck with skunk2 springs on Tokico struts.

blues are oem replacements.

i'd say racelands. i think they ride better then my s-techs on stock shocks.

siege911
12-18-2011, 09:45 AM
If you're willing to spend the extra money and do the work, Koni yellows are just about the best bang for your buck. They have a lifetime warranty as long as you own the car, and they are also adjustable. The only drawback is due to the ridiculous McPherson struts in the fronts, your stock strut has to be modified to fit the Koni inserts, but if you can do that work they are well worth it. I love the ones on mine and would not hesitate to buy another set.

doubledouble
12-18-2011, 12:37 PM
This thread is relevant to my interest. ;)

StimulisRK
12-18-2011, 01:21 PM
So far i'm doing great on my Tokico "Blues", also come with a lifetime warranty. Non-adjustable though.

Koni yellows would be better (cost a little more too though), but like siege911 mentioned theres alot of sizing issues - SOMETIMES. There's a thread on here somewhere, and I've found alot of others on other forums, you can search for that talk about the Koni issue. There's a way to tell if your car will have a sizing issue, I forget what it was. Do a google search on it, cause if you have the money, Koni's would be a step up from Tokico.

Other than that all there really is, are Tokico "Reds". They're adjustable like the Koni's, take a look at those too.

Cheep3
12-19-2011, 12:30 AM
if you're willing to spend the extra money and do the work, koni yellows are just about the best bang for your buck. They have a lifetime warranty as long as you own the car, and they are also adjustable. The only drawback is due to the ridiculous mcpherson struts in the fronts, your stock strut has to be modified to fit the koni inserts, but if you can do that work they are well worth it. I love the ones on mine and would not hesitate to buy another set.

x 2 !! :rockon:

jayzuz
12-19-2011, 03:59 PM
Thanks a lot guys its all good advice:)....do u guys know of a website or shop that is reliable?