PDA

View Full Version : Something i haven't seen on ephatch before

AKEP
12-18-2011, 05:14 AM
http://image.sportcompactcarweb.com/f/8820556/0205_06zoom+2002_CIVIC_TYPE_R+Front_Dashboard_View .jpg
Why hasn't anyone grabed this center dash? anyone have the P/n? am i correct to assume its the german type r?

edit: found the pn, 77250-S6D-G03ZF

beechstreet
12-18-2011, 08:04 AM
I think SSR can get a hold of it

MajorJones
12-18-2011, 08:21 AM
I really like, it reminds me of kinda of the STI but on top. I would rock it but i have a fold out TV and it would block everything.

thaseint
12-18-2011, 09:13 AM
From what I recall this dash can't be installed without some major work and various other parts. Don't think anyone has done it that I know of.

The LHD CTR heater controls are mechanical whereas ours are electronic. I'm sure you could do it but would definitely take some work...not just a simple plug and play type thing.

Always thought it was kind of weird by they didn't just use our dash...

tinman5
12-18-2011, 09:57 AM
Not really feelin' it. I prefer the HVAC running vertically to the driver side. Some different dials/knobs?..possibly. Ergonomically, I simply prefer the stock console.
It does look different though but certainly not better.

RHCP0801
12-18-2011, 10:26 AM
I have seen this posted on the site before

mr-alternative
12-18-2011, 11:23 AM
why would you have the manual heater? Enjoy your hvac, in the winter time now that manual heating is rubbish. Turning every 15 minutes between windshield heating and floor heating.

AKEP
12-18-2011, 06:58 PM
so thats the difference? i figured it was the same, seeing that this is a 2004 model. after reading what i could all i could find is that there was a 2001 and 2004 model and they were different, but no one said why (the 01 and 04) were different.

anywho if the case is that its a manual heater, then nvm thats gay. if our knobs fit in there i would def have it fabbed up to fit, kinda like how some people install gauges there and delete hvac all together. I like it mainly because of the symmetry, and i kinda dig the knobs, kinda retro. They actually have an ashtray on the bottom instead of the power outlet, and the cigarette lighter is in the blank spot (now we know why the blank spot is there...)

civictype_r04
12-18-2011, 07:40 PM
Looks cheap IMO

Sent from my HTC THUNDERBOLT 4G LTE using tapatalk

RHCP0801
12-18-2011, 08:40 PM
we are able to install a cig lighter also. I did it about 2 years ago, all you have to do is get it from a new civic si

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/5091/shiftknob.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/208/shiftknob.jpg/)

AKEP
12-19-2011, 03:53 AM
I really like, it reminds me of kinda of the STI but on top. I would rock it but i have a fold out TV and it would block everything.

i was just thinking, if you mounted it on the bottom of the din, assuming the appropriate adapter plate had the pocket on top like this one, you wouldn't block anything besides that pocket.

gtolio
12-19-2011, 08:55 AM
why would you have the manual heater? Enjoy your hvac, in the winter time now that manual heating is rubbish. Turning every 15 minutes between windshield heating and floor heating.

So are you saying that it's manually actuated like older Hondas used to be? That doesn't seem right. Just by looking at it, it looks to function the same as ours. Ours is what I would call "manual electronically actuated". You turn the knobs and the vents/fan are changed by electronic actuators (rather than manual levers), but they stay on the setting you put them on unless you change it again. There's no automatic climate control on the USDM Si.

For example, my sti has a temperature setting. If you set it at the temp you want and set the fan to auto, it will go to that temp and then shut off or regulate it to stay there. It also has auto on the vent settings (i.e. it will put heat to the floor for example).

tlikethedrink
12-19-2011, 10:17 AM
On the website for the hfp (handa), the have a factory radio with cassette player that I thought was pretty interesting... Almost ordered one when my radio was stolen-