PDA

View Full Version : need some advice on switching or keeping current suspension setup

ep3fka
12-19-2011, 04:57 PM
currently I have tokico blue's with h&r springs, my car sits decently low but not as low as i'd like, it rides pretty well as is, Iwas debating on getting some raceland coilovers because honestly for the price you can't beat them, my buddies running them on his gti and his experience has been pretty good with them for the past 3 years. Anybody have an input on what I should do?

ep3fka
12-19-2011, 05:29 PM
anyone? I'm also in the navy and drive pretty long distances when in port like 1200 miles in a weekend, if I don't get these i'm just going to keep saving and buy some nice wheels instead

AKEP
12-20-2011, 06:45 AM
you're already lowered, just get wheels instead.

i do feel that my s-techs on oem struts are bouncy compared to racelands, though. Idk how h&r's feel but tokico blues are oem replacements.

up to you if you have time to install racelands, assuming your installing in the hobbyshop you should have all the tools (don't need a spring compressor btw) it only took me a few hours with some rusty bolts, stuck tie rod end, and one crossthreaded bolt from a previous owner. a lift def helps. should take no more than 30 minutes each corner if bolts are minty.

if i was you i'd get wheels. then decide if you want racelands after that.