PDA

View Full Version : problems with gears 1-3-5

klik
12-20-2011, 12:28 PM
Last night i hit a curb to avoid another idiot driver going 10-15mph. So my rpf1 is bent and mess up, the cars drive with no vibration or anything. The problem is when i try to go first third and fifth it wont go all the way, It would go but just barely. I went and look under the car but i dont see any physical damages besides the bent rims and scratch bumper. Need help guys.

gtolio
12-20-2011, 12:41 PM
Last night i hit a curb to avoid another idiot driver going 10-15mph. So my rpf1 is bent and mess up, the cars drive with no vibration or anything. The problem is when i try to go first third and fifth it wont go all the way, It would go but just barely. I went and look under the car but i dont see any physical damages besides the bent rims and scratch bumper. Need help guys.

Have you looked at the linkage in your bay or opened the shifter console and inspected that at all? Those are the two places I would start.

From there, check to make sure your tranny drain plug is securely in place and that you don't see any leaking from that area.

klik
12-20-2011, 01:31 PM
Thanks gtolio i will open my console in a bit to see wussup there.

Hondatec1
12-20-2011, 02:35 PM
Also do you have a CAI? Check to see if it maybe hitting on the shifter counter weight.

klik
12-20-2011, 02:42 PM
I check the cables and they also look ok, i do have a fujita 3inch cai. Im gonna check that too. Because the impact hit the intake cone also that might have been the issue. Thanks guys.

gtolio
12-20-2011, 02:44 PM
Yeah, that's a good point. I had the same exact issue on my car when I first went turbo. My shift linkages hit some of the intercooler piping and it did the same thing.

I bet the impact knocked your intake a bit and now it's in the way.

klik
12-20-2011, 03:10 PM
I think its the intake then because the bolt that holding the cai is gone from the impact. The only thing holding it is the IM, im goin to take the intake out and see what happened. Thanks guys.

AKEP
12-20-2011, 04:13 PM
yeah that fog last night up here was terribad. i could only see one dashed line from my car -___-

klik
12-20-2011, 05:10 PM
Found the problem. The intake pipe was in the way i just need to find a way to mount it cause the bolt was snapped , thanks guys.