PDA

View Full Version : RSX Strut Bar on EP3?

nowhales
12-22-2011, 09:52 PM
do all RSX strut bars fit the our cars?
what about em2 on our cars?

whatsvtec
12-22-2011, 11:01 PM
I've heard some fit, some don't. When in doubt, buy what fits.

usedep3
12-22-2011, 11:44 PM
I've heard some fit, some don't. When in doubt, buy what fits.

yup. the AC hardlines and the clutch/brake fluid reservoirs get in the way. which strut bar are you looking at?

nowhales
12-23-2011, 12:34 AM
i haven't found any in particular that i want to get, but i was just looking at a few and some said they were for the rsx but ep3 compatible. haven't made up my mind, or even if a strut is necessary for DD

usedep3
12-23-2011, 12:48 AM
it doesnt really do anything except add bling. spend your money elsewhere if you're looking for something that will actually add to the performance of the car.

nowhales
12-23-2011, 12:51 AM
it doesnt really do anything except add bling. spend your money elsewhere if you're looking for something that will actually add to the performance of the car.

yeah i thought so, seeing as how its only for DD doesn't seem so necessary after all.

Kerby
12-23-2011, 07:38 AM
If your looking to stiffen a little bit more in the front my recommendation is to look into getting a 05-06 RSX Type S front subframe bar. It's the same part as in the DC5R. The wall of the tube is like 3x as thick as the EP3 piece. Bolts right in. If I remember... I think I payed something like $45

MOOGEN
12-23-2011, 08:45 AM

I guess the reason why dealers put it on their better line of cars is because those cars have more "bling"?

gtolio
12-23-2011, 09:20 AM
yup. the AC hardlines and the clutch/brake fluid reservoirs get in the way. which strut bar are you looking at?

Some EP3 bars are a pain with the AC lines as well, FWIW.

usedep3
12-23-2011, 10:32 AM
I guess the reason why dealers put it on their better line of cars is because those cars have more "bling"?

i'm not saying that a properly designed FSTB wont improve the car. but typically, the FSTB for the ep3 is mounted at 2 points. on top of that, the bar pivots at those 2 mounting points on most FSTB.

if the FSTB had at least 3 mounting points, i could see it helping more. the 2 honda oem FSTB i can think of are on the dc5 and cl9 chasis. They both have a oem FSTB with 4 moutning points. 1 on each strut tower and 2 along the firewall.

MOOGEN
12-23-2011, 02:25 PM
i'm not saying that a properly designed FSTB wont improve the car. but typically, the FSTB for the ep3 is mounted at 2 points. on top of that, the bar pivots at those 2 mounting points on most FSTB.

if the FSTB had at least 3 mounting points, i could see it helping more. the 2 honda oem FSTB i can think of are on the dc5 and cl9 chasis. They both have a oem FSTB with 4 moutning points. 1 on each strut tower and 2 along the firewall.

Oh I see. I thought you meant that in general strut bars don't do anything. My 2011 accord coupe came with a nice and beefy strut bar and yes it is three point mount. I have the comptech titanium on the ep and it might just be placebo but it feels pretty rigid lol.

usedep3
12-23-2011, 03:23 PM
Oh I see. I thought you meant that in general strut bars don't do anything. My 2011 accord coupe came with a nice and beefy strut bar and yes it is three point mount. I have the comptech titanium on the ep and it might just be placebo but it feels pretty rigid lol.

gotcha! but i'm one of those add it for bling dudes lol. i have a cusco FSTB, i'm pretty sure your comptech bar is more rigid. mine pivots whereas yours doesn;t.

My point for the OP was for a DD imo it's be more worth his while spending his money elsewhere.

nowhales
12-23-2011, 03:53 PM
If your looking to stiffen a little bit more in the front my recommendation is to look into getting a 05-06 RSX Type S front subframe bar. It's the same part as in the DC5R. The wall of the tube is like 3x as thick as the EP3 piece. Bolts right in. If I remember... I think I payed something like $45

that is the one i was actually thinking about, seemed decent and its oem :)