PDA

View Full Version : How Low Until I Need Camber Kits?

nowhales
12-23-2011, 12:50 AM
looking to drop on tein s-techs on stock shocks for now. just wondering if the drop is drastic enough to have to use camber kits front and back? advertised is 1.4 front and 1.3 rear. so basically 1.5 approx. all around

Blah1219
12-23-2011, 08:56 AM
As soon as you get a drop, get a camber kit unless you like to waste tires. I believe you can benefit from a camber kit on stock suspension since our stock camber arms are non adjustable and the aftermarket ones are.

Pandamanda22
12-23-2011, 02:52 PM
SPC camber kits are not that expensive and you will definitely see the benefit. I suggest you get those if you are going for any kind of "drop"

powdbyrice
12-23-2011, 03:22 PM
Hfp does not require a camber kit, but the drop is only .75"

nowhales
12-23-2011, 03:57 PM
thanks guys, yeah i had a feeling i had to because the drop would probably go beyond what stock camber can adjust.

AKEP
12-23-2011, 10:50 PM
i have stechs. you need them in the rear at least. i like the camber they gave me up front. it still within allowable tolelrance on the alignment racks. still get even tire wear after 40k miles on one set of tires.

toe eats tires, not so much camber unless you're burning out with excessive camber. but thats just obvious.

nowhales
12-24-2011, 12:14 AM
i have stechs. you need them in the rear at least. i like the camber they gave me up front. it still within allowable tolelrance on the alignment racks. still get even tire wear after 40k miles on one set of tires.

toe eats tires, not so much camber unless you're burning out with excessive camber. but thats just obvious.

alright, so i'll probably get myself front and backs as well as an alignment a week after install. the toe on my rear is so messed up i have feathering on the tires, or choppy tread wear