PDA

View Full Version : New to ephatch

Honda1ove
12-23-2011, 10:42 AM
Hey everyone i'm new to the forum and i'm here for suggestions and ideas for my ep3. it's a si with simple mods, but looking to do more damage to increasing torque and horse. Looking for the best products which give the most output as well in looks.

cvicep3
12-23-2011, 12:08 PM
Welcome! JDM red H emblems. Give you at least 5hp...LOL

Pandamanda22
12-23-2011, 02:50 PM
if you still have the k20a3 then force induction or do a swap otherwise in your search for power you will be let down.

welcome :D

Ba82Ep3
12-23-2011, 03:39 PM
if you still have the k20a3 then force induction or do a swap otherwise in your search for power you will have to do the work yourself or be let down.

welcome :D

Fixed for j00!

This is why the k20a3 has a bad rap.

The stock engine has potential, but it cant be maximized with average I/H/RH bolt ons. While it is true a swap or FI can indeed be a faster way to more power, it doesnt mean the k20a3 is a let down.

Pandamanda22
12-23-2011, 03:47 PM
I never said the k20a3 was a bad engine. It just can't make much power unless it is boosted. It runs strong for a long time as economy engine

Ba82Ep3
12-23-2011, 04:00 PM
No you didnt, but with the way information is spread on the internet... all it takes is something like that to be "Cliff Noted" in someones mind and in time the engine builds a bad rep.

Its kinda like the k24a4 engine out of the Accord... few people want one because of its eccentricities (as far as simple parts swapping) that have colored the blocks rep. But honestly, they are the most sought after block by engine builders because they are easy to find and cheap.

The k20a3 is just like that... but has just as much potential as any other k20. It just depends on the users intent and willingness to go into the block/head...

Red_liner740
12-24-2011, 09:26 AM
^^

I think its the fact that you HAVE to go into the block/head if wanting 8K revs or more than 300whp (give or take) that turns people away. Apparently it has the weakest con. rods.

So in this game where thousands of dollars are being spent left right and center in quest for power. Finding a cheap K24 block which has the stronger internals for a few hundred dollars seems like a no-brainer.

Look at it this way...Someone wants to build an engine...they want to build an entire long block and swap it in. Does that guy go and look for a K20A3 or a K24A1 if they are about the same price? Pros of the K24 at that point far outweigh the pros of the k20a3 with little to no cons (kpro or aftermarket management seems like a must).

If your goals are streetable power with no engine swapping then stick with the A3 and slap a turbo/supercharger on it and smile....

My A3 i suspect is burning oil. (just picked it up and havent driven enough to monitor oil consumption). So i'm looking to swap in another engine. I'm shopping for a K24A2 simply because bang for the buck its one of the best engines. A k24a1/k20a2 head may be cheaper to be built but it requires time and experience to be put together properly...

slate13530
12-29-2011, 08:09 PM
Welcome to the site.

Where in NJ are you from and post up some pics.

Tnhatch03
12-30-2011, 12:02 PM
welcome to epcrack!

most of the answers to your questions are here. if you search and do not find what you are looking for, ask away!

everyone here is pretty helpful.

ep32424
02-12-2012, 11:43 AM
welcome