PDA

View Full Version : Matte white ep?

CJ89
12-23-2011, 04:30 PM
Ok so my car is in need if a little body work and I was thinking of completely respraying the car another color when I finish it. I was originally thinking of going with orange wheels with the white but after looking around at a few different things iv thought of solid matte black wheels. No polished lip crap. With black housing depo headlights bc I can't afford jdm's. Matte black mugen rep. grill, taking apart my tails and matte black the housing. Idk kinda VIP style I guess. Any and all thoughts/ ideas on the subject welcome.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ba82Ep3
12-23-2011, 04:42 PM
Has anyone taken tails apart before?

usedep3
12-23-2011, 04:48 PM
Has anyone taken tails apart before?

i haven't seen a DIY but i know it's possible. I know a JDM EP3R owner took his tails apart and added a legit LED setup. not those autozone led strips..

Ba82Ep3
12-23-2011, 05:03 PM
I know i joined a little late, but i didnt recall seeing a DIY for it. Just headlights...

I like the idea of a matte white... someone on here had a matte blue EP for sale at one time and i liked it a lot...

nowhales
12-23-2011, 05:15 PM
please don't black out the housing on the tails, it won't turn out well. i saw 2 ep's with them around where i live and boy is it atrocious.

CJ89
12-23-2011, 05:25 PM
please don't black out the housing on the tails, it won't turn out well. i saw 2 ep's with them around where i live and boy is it atrocious.

I promise if I do it it will be done right and will match the depo's and will be matte. If all else fails and it looks like shit HELLO 02-03 tinted tails

powdbyrice
12-24-2011, 12:03 AM
just wrap the car. easier to change.

nowhales
12-24-2011, 12:05 AM
plasti dip the entire car white. do the front end first, hood fenders and bumper, then think about if you like it or not

CJ89
12-24-2011, 01:17 AM
plasti dip the entire car white. do the front end first, hood fenders and bumper, then think about if you like it or not

Lol all I do it spray it on? No prep besides a wash?

nowhales
12-24-2011, 02:41 AM
Lol all I do it spray it on? No prep besides a wash?

pretty much the same process as painting with a rattle can, clean, mask off areas, spray away. theres no way you can mess up since it can be peeled off. people in my area do bmw and merc style black roofing with plasti dip all the time. some dude did his entire masdaspeed 3 black.

Popeye
12-24-2011, 08:43 AM
Me frinks MATTE PINK for YOUR gay ass!

CJ89
12-24-2011, 02:20 PM
Me frinks MATTE PINK for YOUR gay ass!
watch yourself sir.... I KNOW WERE YOU SLEEP..... lol

gtolio
12-25-2011, 04:17 PM
Sorry, but I think that flat white would look like crap. Flat black looks good, but I would only do it in wrap, not in paint. One of the best looking cars on here is vinyl wrapped in 3M carbon fiber wrap.

nowhales
12-25-2011, 04:35 PM
plasti dip impreza
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hnZ084ff-c

ep3jd
12-25-2011, 05:10 PM
You can get matte white vinyl wrap cheap off ebay. I see a DIY I an s2000 with the ebay stuff. It was legit.

And leave your tail lights alone, please lol

CJ89
12-25-2011, 10:06 PM
I wonder how many cans it would take for this..............lol

CJ89
12-26-2011, 11:23 AM
Sorry, but I think that flat white would look like crap. Flat black looks good, but I would only do it in wrap, not in paint. One of the best looking cars on here is vinyl wrapped in 3M carbon fiber wrap.

To each is own. And I am not bashing wraps some ppl love them but there just not my thing.

gtolio
12-27-2011, 09:06 AM
To each is own. And I am not bashing wraps some ppl love them but there just not my thing.

If they're done right, you shouldn't even be able to tell it's not paint.

EggShellSi
12-27-2011, 07:47 PM
i haven't seen a DIY but i know it's possible. I know a JDM EP3R owner took his tails apart and added a legit LED setup. not those autozone led strips..

Any pics of this??

Ba82Ep3
12-27-2011, 09:13 PM
Im diggin the plasti dip!!

CJ89
12-28-2011, 12:18 AM
went on the plasti-dip web site and didnt realize just how much stuff they sell. What kind do i need for this?? Ill probably just get 2-3 cans at (if i can figure out what to get) first and see what the outcome is like and how much i use b4 going any farther..

nowhales
12-28-2011, 12:33 AM
went on the plasti-dip web site and didnt realize just how much stuff they sell. What kind do i need for this?? Ill probably just get 2-3 cans at (if i can figure out what to get) first and see what the outcome is like and how much i use b4 going any farther..

get the regular spray, its pretty basic one things i must say
if you allow the plastidip to dry on an even surface as your masking, such as tape or paper, once you peel off the tape the edges will not come out straight as the plastidip will create an even layer over both the painted surface and the tape. to try to be precise. unless you are doing whole areas like an entire fender or hood then go at it. another tip. do light coats at first. since you are painting on a very sleek surface as car paint, there won't be anything for the plasti dip to stick to. so light coats. and remember more coats means thicker layers of plastidip. most will say it has crappy durability but it will last a good 3 months with regular surface abuse. unless ofcourse the surface gets scored in which the peeling begins. 2-3 cans will be fine for a light coat. try the hood first. best of luck :)

CJ89
12-28-2011, 06:59 PM
get the regular spray, its pretty basic one things i must say
if you allow the plastidip to dry on an even surface as your masking, such as tape or paper, once you peel off the tape the edges will not come out straight as the plastidip will create an even layer over both the painted surface and the tape. to try to be precise. unless you are doing whole areas like an entire fender or hood then go at it. another tip. do light coats at first. since you are painting on a very sleek surface as car paint, there won't be anything for the plasti dip to stick to. so light coats. and remember more coats means thicker layers of plastidip. most will say it has crappy durability but it will last a good 3 months with regular surface abuse. unless ofcourse the surface gets scored in which the peeling begins. 2-3 cans will be fine for a light coat. try the hood first. best of luck :)

Thanks for the tips! Ill deff keep those in mind. Ill post up pics when I get to this.

CJ89
12-28-2011, 07:23 PM
Just put a order in for a couple cans