PDA

View Full Version : JDM DC5 Integra Type R Front Aluminum control Arms

ep32424
12-24-2011, 08:40 AM
If i wanna install JDM DC5 Integra Type R Front Aluminum control Arms on my 02 ep3 do i need to get the Integra Type R front sway bar or my stock one works???. thanks

AKEP
12-24-2011, 03:50 PM
sway should be fine, im more worried about the lower ball joint.

Hasbro
12-24-2011, 08:39 PM
If i wanna install JDM DC5 Integra Type R Front Aluminum control Arms on my 02 ep3 do i need to get the Integra Type R front sway bar or my stock one works???. thanks

You need the R bar. Stock will not work.

usedep3
12-24-2011, 10:22 PM
You need the R bar. Stock will not work.

this. the itr front lca's has different mounting points for the sway/endlinks you will need to get an itr spec front sway. you can run without a sway bar. some people actually prefer it.

AKEP
12-24-2011, 10:40 PM
good info, i was pretty sure they would fit lol. oh well.

usedep3
12-24-2011, 10:46 PM
good info, i was pretty sure they would fit lol. oh well.

At least you didnt buy an itr bar thinking it'll fit onto your ep3..

Thank goodness it sold quickly.

Hasbro
12-24-2011, 11:16 PM
An ITR or CTR bar, same thing.
An R lca can be found used for about 250.00. on ClubRSX. You'll need the bushing adapter thingy(2) from King motorsports and the longer axle is recommended as the aluminium arms are 10 mm longer. Several guys have opted to just use the Si axles, though.

ep32424
12-25-2011, 11:00 AM
thanks for the info

04SiSpeed
01-05-2012, 09:16 AM
So if i have a k20a motor and trans swap, and got these DC5R Front lower control arms. I just need the adapter from kings motorsport and it would work best with type r axles?
here is the link for the bushings you are referring too??
http://www.kingmotorsports.com/p-1061-pci-lower-control-arm-spherical-bushing-kit-for-dc5ep3.aspx
Or will the mugen bushings even work?
http://www.kingmotorsports.com/p-2605-mugen-front-end-hard-bushings.aspx

I am about to order the lower control arms, and new axles. But i was just going to get the ep3 ones. So would it be a better fit with the type r axles for my set up?

I am going with Driveshaft shop 2.9 axles, and i am also getting the inverted tie rod ends. So all in all, new axles, front jdm lower control arms, and inverted tie rods, and tokico hts adjustables up front to go with the skunk2 sleeves i have. So i can be slammed..

Since we are on RSX control arms topic too. If i got the buddy club P1 rear lower control arms for a RSX will they bolt up no problem?

DA9_GSR
01-05-2012, 02:15 PM

- DC5 ITR Aluminum LCA's are 10mm wider than OEM USDM EP3 LCA's.
- you WILL need the DC5 ITR axles
- you WILL need the DC5 ITR front sway bar
- you WILL need the DC5 ITR header and cat to clear DC5 ITR front sway bar
- you WILL need the front of the midpipe to be modified to fit onto the DC5 ITR cat
- you WILL need an adapter to be pressed into the DC5 ITR front lower balljoints
so your EP3 balljoint can fit properly

whatsvtec
01-05-2012, 02:23 PM
infos n stuff

The king has spoken!

Hey Ryan, did you ever find another ITR header? Mine is still laying around waiting to go on.

Hasbro
01-05-2012, 03:15 PM
You do not need the R axles. HondaFreak has used the EP axles on the track with about 275? hp. I do recommend that you use the longer axle, though.

The ball joint adapter isn't listed in the catalogue. Give them a call. I think they were about $65-75. The bushings you showed are solid bushings, which are for the track and will make the ride a little fimer/harsher. It can also give you +1 caster.

04SiSpeed
01-08-2012, 10:14 AM
well i have a CTR sway bar on already.

So i am going to get
- driveshaft shop 2.9, type r model
- Type r Lower control arms
- Bushing set from King Motorsports
- New Type S hubs (36mm instead of stock 32, to fit the type r axles properly.)
- Inverted tie rods

To run type r control arms you need the following
- Type r control arms
- Bushing kit from king, to allow control arm install on our cars
- Type r axles
- 36mm hubs, either type r hub or type s rsx hub. They are both 36. To properly fit the type r axles
- Type r or EM1 (i think..) front sway bar
- CTR header and midpipe, needs modification because the bolts coming off the cat are a 3 bolt flange and the midpipe on our cars is only a 2. Or i used a kidd racing header, and it does hit a little, so you need to modify that as well. Either way the exhaust needs to be modded a little to fit..

And that should be everything to fit the set up properly from my research